Water (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I have just done the Truma Aquastar treatment ready for our travels but since the treatment the water pressure seems quite poor.

Further, if I shut the taps off for longer than say thirty minutes, when I turn them back on it takes a while for water to come out. It was fine before we drained down for the winter.

Any ideas welcome

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Are your drain taps properly shut down both hot and cold ??

Do you have an inline filter that may be blocked ??

Does the pump sound the same - it may have air in the system ?

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Are your drain taps properly shut down both hot and cold ??

Do you have an inline filter that may be blocked ??

Does the pump sound the same - it may have air in the system ?

I drained it from the heater valve - lowest point. This is a snap valve and isn't losing water now

We have a pure azure filter but it's not inline. I took it out during treatment in any case

The pump does sound a little louder but I think that May be because I am focused on it if that makes sense?

I am wondering about non return valves at the moment and where I might find mine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I drained it from the heater valve - lowest point. This is a snap valve and isn't losing water now

We have a pure azure filter but it's not inline. I took it out during treatment in any case

The pump does sound a little louder but I think that May be because I am focused on it if that makes sense?

I am wondering about non return valves at the moment and where I might find mine

Doubt you would find any otherwise would be impossible to drain the system out - possibly one on the pump. If all drain points are closed and the tank is full try opening all the taps at once and waiting until you have a flow at each tap then shutting them down one at a time.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The chances are it is just that the hot water tank has not filled completely and has air in it.

Do not turn on either gas or electric heater.
Turn on all the hot water taps ..

Might take several minutes to clear all the air locks..

Refill your cold water tank and hopefully all will be well :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If you removed or opened the particle filter on the pump check that it is screwed back on fully or it will allow air to be drawn into the pump.

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
So I run taps and expelled the air no problem....

... Come back next day and I have to do it all again.

Could I have a leak somewhere?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It could be drawing air in but I doubt it.Wrap all joints in paper towel or loo roll -leave a few hours-then check to see if any are wet :Smile:Chances are that if the system is drawing air it will be leaking water ---are you sure the pump is not pumping pressure /re-pressuring the system every 10 mins or so ? Have you moved any pipes and caused a airlock ? I would have thought once you got water to the taps you would have got rid of any air etc,-it must have a leak to get air back in the system over night
terry

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
Hi I had a similar problem on my old Hymer which I traced to the non return valve fitted on the pump sticking open, causing the system to drain back down .
Mickymouse

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Hi I had a similar problem on my old Hymer which I traced to the non return valve fitted on the pump sticking open, causing the system to drain back down .
Mickymouse

Thanks, I will try a spare pump before I start tracing leaks

Cant understand why I would get a leak though seeing as I drained the system out before winter and I had the electric heater on number one during cold spells :-(

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It could be like MM says but I would expect the pump to keep pressurizing the system :Smile:
terry

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
A Hymer has a submerged Reich twin-barrelled pump and it only runs when a tap (or toilet flush) is opened. If the pump has been replaced at some point, ensure you have the version with a non-return valve built in to the outlet port on top of the pump - it's a large white plastic collar.
Check all the pipe connections are secure to the pump and if all appears OK, I suggest tapping the pump body GENTLY against the tank inspection collar in case something has jammed.
There is a possibility that the de-scaler may have affected an internal seal in the pump, or one in the pipe runs, but I would have thought this was unlikely.
Stating the obvious, I presume the two drain valves in the hot and cold water pipes are shut? I think in the B544 twin-floor model they are located next to the waste tank dump valve. If yours is a single floored model, I'm not sure where they are - try looking in the base of wardrobes, under sink unit etc.

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
A Hymer has a submerged Reich twin-barrelled pump and it only runs when a tap (or toilet flush) is opened. If the pump has been replaced at some point, ensure you have the version with a non-return valve built in to the outlet port on top of the pump - it's a large white plastic collar.
Check all the pipe connections are secure to the pump and if all appears OK, I suggest tapping the pump body GENTLY against the tank inspection collar in case something has jammed.
There is a possibility that the de-scaler may have affected an internal seal in the pump, or one in the pipe runs, but I would have thought this was unlikely.
Stating the obvious, I presume the two drain valves in the hot and cold water pipes are shut? I think in the B544 twin-floor model they are located next to the waste tank dump valve. If yours is a single floored model, I'm not sure where they are - try looking in the base of wardrobes, under sink unit etc.
So I just left the house to go watch footy and there are drips coming out of a down pipe underneath the wardrobe (where the heater is) could the dump valve (a manual one because the heater was replaced) be dodgy?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So I just left the house to go watch footy and there are drips coming out of a down pipe underneath the wardrobe (where the heater is) could the dump valve (a manual one because the heater was replaced) be dodgy?
I would say so :Smile:either way it should not be dropping water ::bigsmile: The reason the pumps not working is because you have micro switches on your taps ie turn tap on switching pump on so not a pressurized system
terry

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Depending on where the drain valves are located, they could also be the cause of water dropping out. In my case, both the Truma temperature safety valve, and the drain valves are in the base of the wardrobe and, when open, both cause water to fall out below the wardrobe.
The image below shows the drain valves in the hot and cold pipes. Have you located them and are sure they are shut (don't over-tighten)? If so, then is the Truma temp safety valve pulled up (click) and staying up?
If yes to all questions, it sounds as though one of the valves is faulty and I would suspect the Truma safety valve.
Final thought - is the main power switch on the Electrobloc switched on? If it is off, the 12V feed to the Truma safety valve will be disconnected and the valve will open.

Attachments

• Hymer drain valves.jpg
    Hymer drain valves.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
So I think its this component (see pic) that is faulty. The tiny rubber part came out during inspection :whatthe:

After purging the taps and shutting them off again I believe the water leaks from the small part of the red Tee piece; then the water continues to leak until the water level in the van stabilizes.

I think its this leak causing the problem?

Its about a half meter below the taps and I think that's consistent with the amount of gurgling and splashes that happen before water starts clear again.

I assume that this thing shouldn't leak out the small part of the tee at all in normal use?

If a small leak is normal then I am back to square one :-(

also not sure why the cold would also be affected :-(

Attachments

• tee.png
    tee.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 19

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Big tip --::bigsmile: nothing is supposed to leak in your van so eliminate them as you go along :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
It was the breather valve on the hot water elbow joint.

It wasn't completely stuck open but enough to drip drip water away over night.

I tried to reseat the little button but it wouldn't make an airtight seal.

The replacement elbow had a different valve mechanism. A flap rather than the button.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back