Water Usage (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Ok, two people being reasonably frugal with their water, but having a quick shower each a day, how much water would you expect to use in a day? Or putting it another day how long before you would need to top up a 100L tank.
Thanks
Paul

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We both have a shower every day we use 30 - 35 Lt/day, we only have a 100Lt tank, so often fill the 2 x 20 Lt containers I carry in the garage then can just manage 4 sometimes 5 days if careful. Surprising how much water washing up takes, so good excuse to eat out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have managed 5 days once, on a beautiful wild camping spot in Portugal, that we were reluctant to move away from. Admittedly by day 3 we were eking out the tank water by using river water to flush the loo (in an old sports drink bottle), I also washed my hair with the very very clean river water, filled up a couple of 2 litre water bottles and lay them in the sun for a few hours with a black bag underneath them, they reached 40° according to a thermometer. We did use this method for showering too, with a separate 12v shower we carry with us and a small bucket in the van shower cubical.

By day 6 both the cassettes were full so we had to move on, but we still had some water in the fresh tank.

Upvote 0

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
We obviously have a thing or two to learn about being frugal with water use - our tank is 76l and we need to fill up every 2 days. We use it for a flannel wash and washing up only, eat out every 2/3 days, and use bottled water for consumption, so how people shower and manage 3 days is a mystery to me!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We have a 120l tank and it's used for everything including drinking. With all three of us and the dogs we can last about 3 days depending on showers but not really any longer.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We obviously have a thing or two to learn about being frugal with water use - our tank is 76l and we need to fill up every 2 days. We use it for a flannel wash and washing up only, eat out every 2/3 days, and use bottled water for consumption, so how people shower and manage 3 days is a mystery to me!
76 Lt would easily last us 2 days with some to spare, with both of us having showers, we use water from the main tank for everything, never frugal with water (unless wilding and it's getting low) just use as needed.

Upvote 0

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
On my drive......:D The wife is out, but your welcome to share with me...;)

Well... it's not as good as the original offer, but it's the best I've had all day so I'll get my towel and loofah :mask::makeup:

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Washing up can use a lot of water if you are not careful. It isn't really necessary to fill the washing bowl up to the top, a couple of inches will suffice and don't wash your hands under a running tap without putting the plug in the basin.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back