Water taps not working.......and a moan (1 Viewer)

John R. Edwards

Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Bailey 540
Exp
The taps in my Bailey Autograph 540 stopped working this weekend. There's water in the tank and pump seems to be working (if I hold down the pump on/off switch on the control panel the pump runs and water comes through the taps).
Any ideas? I assume there must be a pressure sensitive switch somewhere in the system.

And a moan. Why is it that considering what we pay for our vehicles the quality of fittings are generally poor and don't seem up to the job. My van is 3 years old and has had relatively little use yet in that time the battery charger has failed, boiling the batteries, the gas regulator has failed, the toilet pump packed up, the fridge switch broke, the door lock failed and now the taps don't work. Niggly things that have ruined time away and get me questioning why we do it. As these are items used across a range of vehicles surely it's time manufacturers demanded better quality from their suppliers.
And finally, what's the point of Remus window blinds? They rattle, don't always stay closed, they don't keep the light out and stop you using the sun visor sideways.

OP
OP
J

John R. Edwards

Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Bailey 540
Exp
But where is the microswitch, where do I get a replacement and how is it fitted?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

John R. Edwards

Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Bailey 540
Exp
All the taps work if I keep pressing the pump switch so it isn't the taps or pump. Don't think there's any microswitches in the taps, there's certainly no wiring near any tap.

Dec 13, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Euramobil integra 690HB
Exp
Since 2003 camping in works vans
If it's all the taps, it sounds like the switch that is activated by the drop in pressure in the system when a tap is opened (causing the pressure to drop) has failed or stuck (giving it a wee tap may unstick it). Either way with a vehicle that age I would take it to a dealer (or to the manufacturer) and give them a piece of your mind on the above niggles.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Is it this one?

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
In my limited experience the less you use a vehicle the more problems arise. Standing around doing b***** all for weeks on end is not good for a human so why should it be any different for inanimate objects.

Our antique MH stands around a lot but I try to remember to start it, move it and play with every bit of it every 10 days or so. Despite this something still goes on strike from time to time.

Though this will not explain why a Remus blind appears to be useless. Sorry.

OP
OP
J

John R. Edwards

Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Bailey 540
Exp
According to Whale the microswitch is in the pump housing and they say that if the taps work when the pump switch is held on the microswitch isn't the problem, although they don't suggest what is.
Given up and taken to dealer who said they would have a look although they haven't come across it before. That was 10 days ago - still waiting.

OP
OP
J

John R. Edwards

Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Bailey 540
Exp
Just got motorhome back. Sensor in water tank faulty (showing 0% when some in). Replaced, which involved dropping the tank, and now seems to be working ok. Seems as though if the pump was getting info that the tank was empty it didn't work. Too complicated a system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back