Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I have a 60L water tank. When filling up the water tank ... When it gets near the top I expect it to spit out of the fill hole once it is full and that's how I know it is full, but is it usual for water to pour out from underneath the vehicle as well?

I assume this is coming out from the top of the water tank underneath the motorhome once it is full.

So my question is, Is this supposed to be a sealed unit, in which case the hose may be split or loose going into the tank, or does the tank have an overflow so that when you fill it up it is allowed to run out of the top of the tank as well as the hole you are filling it up from.

I don't seem to have any problems with it so just wanted to check if this was normal?

Many thanks.
Brian.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
It's most likely that the water is coming out of the overflow,same as mine,completely normal:Smile:

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The top of the tank is probably vented and water comes out of there first before it come out higher up the filler cap it does on mine and did on my last van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
It is most likely that the tank has an over fill pipe which takes any excess water and disposes of it outside the vehicle.

The other option is the water heater drain valve is open and water is flowing out of there, worth checking out.

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
On my LMC I made the assumption that the water running out under van was from overflow. But,on looking at top of tank I found that where the level indicator went into the tank,and where the overflow pipe came out,the sealant had failed. Re-sealed both ::bigsmile:
all ok:thumb:
Might be worth a look.
Mike

Upvote 0

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
The air that's in the tank, that the water displaces, has got to come out somewhere and so, eventually, will water. Mine is vented on top of the tank like, it would appear, yours is.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks

Thanks to all. Sounds like it is probably ok then. However when I get it checked over I'll ask them to have look to make sure everything is ok.

Many thanks.

Brian.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back