Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
hi is it beter to fill up with water when u get on site as some one told me if i fill up at home i will use more fuel. wot do u do ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
100 liters of water = 100kg extra weight.
like carrying an extra passenger:cry:

just carry enough to see you through if you cant fill on site for any reason. :thumb::thumb:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I always carry a full tank. Thay way when I arrive on site I am done, engine off and thats it. The exra 100kg's on a 3850kg vehicle is neither here or there.
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Half to two-thirds of a 150-litre tank so there's enough for any needs en-route and if we decide to wild camp we will have a water.

If you're using campsites then you don't need to fill up unless your going to arrive late or can't be bothered when you get there - often you're given or directed to a pitch and it's only when you've parked and unpacked that you realise you need to drive to a water point:Sad:

:Smile:
Keith

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We always fill with fresh water before setting off. Only once have I set off intending to fill up when I got there only to find they had a broken water main:roflmto: I've never been allowed to forget it....and I haven't!:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back