Water Tank Tap Valve Thingy ?? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I have 2 taps, fresh water and grey water tanks. They have MEFCO on the plastic

On the fresh tank, the blue handle has broken and needs replacing.

Have Googled and can't find anything :(

Any ideas ?

tap1.jpg
tap2.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looks like a swimming pool valve
There are loads on EBay in different sizes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Ideally they need to have one of these on the end to attach the hosepipe :)

20160724_190715.jpg
20160724_190708.jpg

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
It doesn't look like a OEM fitting - the jubilee clip and tape around one end speak to a previous owner's work!

As it seems to be a drain tap, which is usually only used during the winterisation of your motorhome, you could consider replacing it at the tank, so removing the need for a flappy bit of pipe hanging under your vehicle, ready to hit any bump in the road! You could even go upmarket and automate, rather than getting your hands dirty, with something like this:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
3/4 solvent weld - 1/2 adapter

images-2.jpeg

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Maybe, but need to get the water in somehow ;)

Hi,
Go uinder that bridge at Rouen,take the roof off........ If you take your shoes and socks off (You can now count up to twenty,the Navajo Indians taught me that trick when i was captured during my Pony Express riding days Yeeehar!...LOL)and work out the volume/cubic capacity of your now "Roofless" m/home......... HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU NEED?
Must go now,there is another 4 cartons of Conde Noble Vinho Tinto in the fridge,with my name on them...Hic...pardon.
Tea Bag.
PS. WHOA me dads horse!

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
It doesn't look like a OEM fitting - the jubilee clip and tape around one end speak to a previous owner's work!

As it seems to be a drain tap, which is usually only used during the winterisation of your motorhome, you could consider replacing it at the tank, so removing the need for a flappy bit of pipe hanging under your vehicle, ready to hit any bump in the road! You could even go upmarket and automate, rather than getting your hands dirty, with something like this:
Sorry, I showed the drain tap as that was easy to photograph. I need the tap for the water fill, so needs the extension :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
what you actually need then is a replacement valve, which is a standard solvent weld one with a spigot on one end to attach to the pipe and a reducer to 1/2inch bsp the other, onto which the white hose connector screws. simple enough from a pond shop who will have the parts on the shelf or ebay

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a temporary solution is to use a pair of water pump grips to turn the broken tap head

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back