water tank supports (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Had an autotrail in for mot this week and also wanted tank supports changed (it had dropped onto road on a recent trip and was held up with a ratchet strap).
The tank supports are hidden by the cover and had rusted through on the offside, was not too bad to change although bolts all very rusty,
probably a good idea to remove the cover and check the supports if you cant see they are ok if your motorhome is a few years old
Autotrail was an 08 plate on a ducato with alko chassis

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Ours isn't an Autotrail but is an 07 Boxer on the alko chassis. Had the similar problem, hadn't given way but surprised how weedy the end supports were as had bent and come loose with the weight of the water. Beefed ours up, ground the rust off and hammerited it. Stronger than it came out of the factory now. Worth checking them as an easily neglected area.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Our Duetto tanks were held up by threaded rod hooked into the chassis with a piece of ply under the tank to spread the load. The rods weren’t even stainless.
After I was called out to a motorhome dragging it’s tank on the floor I made new brackets that were bolted to the chassis and metal plates under the tanks to spread the load.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chatteris
Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
tank straps on the autotrail were just bent thin steel probably only half the thickness of the ones holding my bessacar tank

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back