Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Well after a weekend away we noticed we had a problem with the water tank
So emptied the garage squirmed under the double floor and found a loose connection for the filler breather pipe and thought that was it.
BUT the under floor was wet so elevate the tank to allow it to start drying out and left it

This morning went back in and found fresh water under the tank but couldn't work out where from so removed the tank set it on our decking on a wood table and put 25L of water in and waited all of 2 minutes before it leaked this time. While I removed the tank I noticed a phone number on the inspection cover - it was a firm not 2 miles away and they made the tank in 2007 !!!! So Traced the firm rang them and asked for advice how to repair the hole, to which they said Hot Air Welding and they would happily repair it for me for around £10

On arrival at the firm they were surprised to find the original label with THEIR part number and who made the tank on the label.

Now waiting for them to ring me to say it's repaired so I can refit it
IMG_20200721_140837.jpg

the damp patch and connection we thought originally was the cause
IMG_20200722_112924.jpg

Rubbish image but area circled has a small hole pierced into the plastic of the seam so the company are going to scrape it clean and refill the area

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back