Water supply leak (1 Viewer)

Anna Masselink

Free Member
Jul 2, 2018
Funster No
Hi,
I am Anna and I am new to the forum and to Motorhome camping.
We have purchased a Fiat Ducato Ci Carioca 656 this weekend. We have been out in it to get to know it and there seems to be a lot to get your head around.
We have been trying to get the water taps going... the water from all taps are sputtering and water is running from underneath the vehicle near the entry door above the exhaust. Has anyone got a clue what we could be doing wrong with valves etc? Or have we more likely got a leak in our water supply lines?

Thanks and kind regards
Anna

OP
OP
A

Anna Masselink

Free Member
Jul 2, 2018
Funster No
We have managed to work the water supply and stopped the leaking by pressing a little blue button underneath the sink area

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Well done Anna and
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Welcome .. Now the fun starts. The BLUE button you refer to is the frost stat and will open to protect your water heater and pipes in the event of freezing temps. It can in certain circumstances drain your water system especially if you have a pressurised water system. It’s all part of the fun and games.

Upvote 0

MoJosVan

Free Member
Sep 17, 2018
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello.. I am a very new motorhome owner - I have just bought a 2007 Compass Avantgarde 100 and I have not yet been away. I am having the same problem as Anna and when I switch the power and pump on and open the tap very little water comes through tap and there is water draining from underneath the van. Now I see that Anna found the relevant 'Blue' button to press under the sink but my fridge is under my sink. Any clues as to where I would find my magic blue button?

Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi And welcome to the forum.

I don't know your van but suspect the dump valve is open, which could be a red button, that you need to pull up, it just moves a few mm. Look in the cupboard where you bolier/heater is.

Upvote 0

MoJosVan

Free Member
Sep 17, 2018
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you I will have a look in daylight. x

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Took me a while to find mine, it's hidden under a removable shelf near the boiler. The manual showed a picture of it but unhelpfully did not give any clue as to where it was. Just keep looking and I'm sure you'll find it eventually.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The dump valve may also look something like this mounted into the floor, usually hidden away but mostly near the water heater.

that's a manual drain valve for draining the heater in winter. .. not a frost protection dump valve..

the auto dump frost protection valve is shown by @Landy Andy in post #10..

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
that's a manual drain valve for draining the heater in winter. .. not a frost protection dump valve..

Does the 2007 Compass Avantgarde 100 have an auto dump frost protection valve then or is it a manual one ?

Did not want @MoJosVan looking for the auto valve not finding it and disregarding the manual version if they come across it.

Both versions on the valve if in the open position will vent water under the van when the pump operates which is what MoJosVan stated.

Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Just to confuse things Jim, we are onto a different van now. OP was for a Ci Carioca 656, now we are onto a Compass Avantgarde 100.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So is it the same valve for both vans?

there are two different auto-opening valves to protect from frost.. 'most' vans have one of these models fitted.. it's called an auto dump valve..

This model is reset by pushing the blue button in

older models of this auto valve, such as fitted to my Hymer, also dump the water if they lose 12v . ie if you switch off or disconnect the hab battery.. it drops all the water.. they have wires, so easy to identify .. reset by pulling the red knob up

the other is manual drain valve, it won't open unless someone opens it..
it doesn't open automatically to protect from frost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JollyJack Hawkins

Free Member
Sep 7, 2017
Bursledon
Funster No
MH
Bentley Indigo
Exp
Since April 2016
I had the same problem and it was the valve as pictured above. Also be careful what you put near it because if anything presses it down whilst you are traveling it will empty your system.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back