Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Mrs been rummaging on Amazon looking to spend even more money and came across water purifying fluid/tablets for moho, do we need these or is it just another wallet drain we don’t need, we never used them in caravan but the water might sit longer in MH. Do you?

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
No, but I don’t drink the water from the tank. I keep a couple of two litre bottles that I refill direct from the drinking water taps wherever we are staying, and replace them each trip, or every couple of weeks or so. I’m too lazy to sterilise them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Drifter

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
No, but I don’t drink the water from the tank. I keep a couple of two litre bottles that I refill direct from the drinking water taps wherever we are staying, and replace them each trip, or every couple of weeks or so. I’m too lazy to sterilise them.
Thats pretty much what we do now, cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
have had the " nature pure" filters but lost confidence in their supply and they cost a lot. I now use a
Pozzani Kitchen Spring RIX250 System without the facet with filtered water only directed to the kitchen cold tap for normal kitchen use and tea coffee etc. but for water to drink i.e. just water or ice cubes i use bottled water.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I use purifying tablets in out tank because we bought the moho s/h. We filter mains tap water through a Britta filter jug all the time here in Spain.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I put a Pozzani filter in the cold water feed to the shower/toilet room sink, use it to fill up bottles to drink from.

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Like mine it's probably the only tap that is filtered.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Mrs been rummaging on Amazon looking to spend even more money and came across water purifying fluid/tablets for moho, do we need these or is it just another wallet drain we don’t need, we never used them in caravan but the water might sit longer in MH. Do you?
I always carry a packet of sterilising tablets but we don't use them routinely. But on our current trip in Corsica we have had iffy water three times. Twice with bits floating in it and once it just tasted foul. In Provence we once took on water with leaves in it. :)

I also use the tablets to keep the water pipes clean when the van is not being used. I do this by emptying the tank then filling it with about 10 litres of water with the tablets in it, usually two as one does five litres. Then run the taps until you can taste the sterilised stuff is coming through. I do it for both hot and cold.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our new rig has a separate drinking water tap. How does that work then?!

Find the filter, it might be a barrier filter, which means as long as the water gets through it is OK, but it might use 'activated' ingredients if that is the case you should get a new filter because these filters, if out of date, can harbour more bugs that the water you are filtering (y)

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I’ll get it checked. A bit of googling suggests that the filters only work in small bore taps, which is why you get separate drinking ones.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We always drink the water from the tank, usually boiled for drinks etc, but occasionally cold. I'm still alive!

Upvote 0
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Crumbs! we never treat our water and drink it hot or cold .......... never had an issue ..... ever!

It's just too easy to over worry these things. Potable water has chlorine it to keep it safe.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Crumbs! we never treat our water and drink it hot or cold .......... never had an issue ..... ever!

It's just too easy to over worry these things. Potable water has chlorine it to keep it safe.
Is that the case in ALL countries though?

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

i fitted a filter after filling up from a site tap, clearly marked Potable water! in France that was so foul we had to dump the lot and rinse the tank and pipes.
that was the trigger to fit a filter.

A well organised site i may add.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back