Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi

My son has only today returned from a weeks holiday in my Avantgarde 150 and apparently our internal water pump has packed in :Doh: . Making a noise last night but not operating very well. Not a peep from it this morning so I'm gathering has packed in. I have a feeling this is not an uncommon problem and hoping for advice from one of you guys on how I might repair/replace the pump.

Grymbo

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I think the Avant Garde uses a submersible pump inside the tank, if so then there is n repair kit available. First check the fuse, then with a digital multimeter check for voltage and earth on the two wires to the pump with a tap switched on (sub pumps are almost always operated via microswitches in the taps). If there is 12 volts on one wire and a good earth on the other then its a fair bet the pump is FUBAR. You probably don't even need to drain the tank to replace the pump as there is almost certainly an access in the top of it. Remove access cap, furcle round inside till you find the pump and withdraw it through the access, disconnect electrically and the outlet hose. Reconnect the new pump in reverse order and drop it back into the tank, replace the access cap and test.

D.

OP
OP
G

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Dave.

At the risk of sounding dense (new to this), where would I purchase a new pump and is a generic devise or am I looking for something specific?

Grymbo

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

What you described is exactly the same thing that was happening to me about four months ago.
The pump was making noises and I left it thinking that the noises would stop because there was, what I thought, air in the system. Suddenly it stopped working was not pumping water it seemed like there was almost no suction coming from the pump.

I checked out new pumps but before I committed myself to spending a large amount of money, I checked it again. There was a screw on the top of the main unit that was loose.
I tightened all the visible screws and it sprang into action straight away.
I haven't had a problem with it since. Even the pressure was better.

water pump.JPG
The picture shows my pump but most pumps will have screws in about same places.

Its worth a try

Hope it helps
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
As usual great advice. Many thanks to all who advised.

Cheers

grymbo :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back