Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Haven't used van for the last two months, so in December I drained the water and hot tank, switched off the 12 volt and left taps 1/2 open as I had read in one of motorhome mags.
Now I switched 12 volt back on plus 240, but no water is coming out of taps and I can't hear pump running, Does this mean something drastic has happened to pump, hoping to go away this weekend. I am not used to this technical stuff and don't even know where the pump is?
Glynis

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Are the other 12V items working? Is it just the pump that is out or are other circuits failing to operate?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
depends what type of pump is fitted ?

there may have been water in the pump filter housing which has frozen and split the casing.

the only sure way to find out is to locate and inspect the pump.

check the power supply at the pump with a multi/volt meter...12v on and tap open.
no voltage maybe just a blown fuse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
water pump

I have changed more water pumps since Christmas than the whole of the previous 12 months. I suspect that its been so cold that its found every last drop of water and frozen it thus damaging the pumps. I can only speculate because any frozen water has long gone by the time I get to the pump.

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Re Water Pump

Thanks to all who replied, it was a little 5 amp fuse, on the control box thing under the driver's seat
Regards Glynis

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back