Water pump (1 Viewer)

Lost Sun

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
I have a Globecar with an internal water tank and submersible pump. Unfortunately the pump needs replacing but it's has a non return valve glued on to it as part of the standard specification. I can get a replacement pump easily (I'm in France) but the valve is proving elusive. Can i fit a pump without one?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I assume it is the standard Reich Twin pump probably 19Lt/min. They are available with and without the non-return valve, the one with the valve ischeaperr for some strange reason. The valve is not glued on and does come off there are a couple of lugs you have to push in but they are very tight.
A pump without the valve will work but water will drain back down and you will have to run the pump a while each time to get any water out. Also you can just fit a non-return valve in the pipe coming out of the pump.

You should be able to get one at any Motorhome dealer but your best bet is probably a Hymer dealer.

Where in France are you?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Nothing to do with the hot tank the valve is fitted on the pump, there is a separate one in line with the hot tank and another in the loo flush feed.

not on mine there wasn't.. only one non return valve at the pump.

when you removed the pump the hot tank drained down into the cold tank .. as I discovered when changing the pump..

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nearest Hymer dealer is about 50 miles, the reason I say a Hymer dealer is that all Hymer's use that pump so they normally stock them.

NIORT EVASION
79 - DEUX-SEVRES
4 rue Turgot, Espace Mendes France
79010 Niort
Phone: +33 5 49334176
http://www.niort-evasion.com/

Edit:
Just found a Globecar dealer on Oleron about 55 miles away.

Oléron Caravanes
153, Route des Chateliers
Saint-Pierre-d'Oléron, 17310
Frankreich
Anfahrt
Webseite
Email

Telefon:Tel.: +33 546 766864
Fax: Fax.: +33 546 765628

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun