Water pump (1 Viewer)

M

Mayurua

Deleted User
When i turn on my water pump it runs until it pressurizes then about every 45 seconds or so it has a quick 1 second run to re pressurize. is this a sign that i have a leak somewhere. i have looked everywhere i can but cant see any leaks but obviously there are lots of places that you can't follow the pipework. or maybe the pump is showing signs of wear or is this just normal.
over to the experts
Cheers Guys
Dave

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
When i turn on my water pump it runs until it pressurizes then about every 45 seconds or so it has a quick 1 second run to re pressurize. is this a sign that i have a leak somewhere. i have looked everywhere i can but cant see any leaks but obviously there are lots of places that you can't follow the pipework. or maybe the pump is showing signs of wear or is this just normal.
over to the experts
Cheers Guys
Dave

There are various possible causes to this.

1. pressure cut off on the pump isn't correctly adjusted tho as you say it DOES stop before re starting, this is unlikely.

2. Worn/punctured diaphragms in the water pump.

3. A leak somewhere. - Sure you've checked ALL ther pipes?:Smile: There's always somewhere you've missed, believe me, I done it.
Spent ages trying to find mine, checked ALL the pipes/joints. Eventually, found that one of the uniions on the back of the water boiler was leaking. Was right inside a locker in the pitch black and the only way I found it was that I pulled something out of the locker and it was wet. Funny, I thought, hasn't rained for weeks!..................::bigsmile:

4. You might also check the pressure relief valve on the boiler. SOME weeping is acceptable as it's designed this way, but not excessive.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Dave

It's not normal, there must be a leak somewhere, check there are no drips from the taps not forgetting the shower, also check the connections at the pump, it only needs a tiny drip for the pump to cycle, not forgetting the inlet pipe to the pump, if it's slack the pump can suck air into the system, this can also cause cycling.
Purge the lines by running each tap for a few minutes, starting with the tap furthest from the pump..

Jim

Edit

Posted at the same time as ~Zaskar..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
As others have said check all pipework also make sure that there are no air locks in the pipework

Once satisfied there are no leaks then the problem lies with the water pump itself

The basic of water pumps are pretty much the same, could be yours is just a case of removing the pump section and cleaning the inner parts and if worn out replaceing the pump section with new. but i would susspect the internal valves are partly open by dirt or maybe hardning of the rubber valves.causing a backflow and triggering the pressure switch.

distructions for the shurflow how it works fault finding

Click here

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

Mayurua

Deleted User
Thanks Guys i knew you would have the answers i will re-check for leaks but im kinda hoping it is the pump

Dave:thumb:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Thanks Guys i knew you would have the answers i will re-check for leaks but im kinda hoping it is the pump

Dave:thumb:

Bet you dont say that when you see the price of a new pump!!!!!:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Mayurua

Deleted User
Bet you dont say that when you see the price of a new pump!!!!!:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can get pumps at trade price so not to bad, easier than ripping camper apart to follow pipework:thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I can get pumps at trade price so not to bad, easier than ripping camper apart to follow pipework:thumb:

You don't have to repace the whole pump just the pump replacement housing;however if it still continues to be intermittant, you may need to adopt your second option :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back