Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

We have just arrived on a site and I put a couple of watering cans full of water in the tank to keep us going.

Now the pump runs continually but there is nothing coming from the taps. I have phoned a repair man but I was wondering if there is anything I can do before I spend loads of money.

Paul

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It could be still trying to fill the boiler tank. This is usually 10 tires and you may not have put enough in the tank for the pump to get 10 litres. The pump won’t get water from the very bottom of the tank. Put more water in.
Also make sure the drain tap on the boiler is not open. Is there any water coming out underneath ?

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
1previous van. Not had one for 3 years.
Blocked pump inlet/outlet perhaps ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the advice Annie but I didnt drain the boiler and there was already water in the tank, I just topped it up. Nothing from underneath. The pump did do.this once before but seemed to sort itself out.

Paul

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks for the advice Annie but I didnt drain the boiler and there was already water in the tank, I just topped it up. Nothing from underneath. The pump did do.this once before but seemed to sort itself out.

Paul
Ah ok, maybe it is blocked then? Not sure I can help further, sorry
Good luck with it.:)

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
1previous van. Not had one for 3 years.
If you remove the pump outlet hose and fit another temporary hose then start the pump (ensuring that the new hose end points outside or into a sink or bucket,) you will prove if the pump is at fault (failed impeller perhaps,) or not.

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Tried draining all the water out - boiler and main tank but no good. Think I'll wait till repair chap arrives, hopefully in the morning. We have used him before and his charges are very fair and he knows what he is doing.

Paul

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
In case any Funsters have a similar problem, we had the chap out from thetfordcaravanservices.co.uk who tested the old pump and pronounced it well and truly kaput. Total cost of testing and supplying / fitting a new pump was £100 which we reckon was pretty fair.

For anyone not in the Norfolk area, try mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk, our man is a member and reckons they are good value.

Paul

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Occasionally have had to clear an airlock by sucking the shower hose, requires less contortions than trying other taps.

I tried sucking the tap / shower hose but it didn't work. Not enough beer to fill tank as @Lenny HB suggested!

Paul

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You was in @Jaws John's neck of the woods, ;) I bet he would have had one in one of his lockups, :rolleyes: just a matter of finding it. :LOL: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back