Water pump problem - Adamo 75-4i (1 Viewer)

Dec 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 754i
I would and have always carried a spare. Over the years the spare has been often used and replaced saving somebody else's weekend. One thing seems to be true of carrying a spare, you rarely need it yourself, but without one, you will be certain to need it

Converters like bailey buy these pumps in bulk, so go as cheap as possible, which is good for the profit margin but not the end customer. Even if they sent out a replacement, it will be the same make and model
Is there any makes to look for, That are better than whale ?

Dec 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 754i
It looks like its the screw to retain the pipe is is missing is it further down the pipe
There is no screw on the clip on the pipe, weird clip not seen one before not sure how it releases tbh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Water is coming from the electrical lead it looks like a screw thread on it
the water connection is the the same as a jubilee clip but clamped on if you replace the pump just put a jubilee clip on to replace the one on there

Dec 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 754i
the pumps are not that expensive
Yep I realise this but the van is 4 months old and the dealer and Bailey are fobbing me off, but I think I realise I’m probably going to have to sort it myself

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The reich twin is pricey compared to the cheap ones but I have found them good. Or the comet VIP

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Sorry cant see any video which would be helpful.
Go back to what I said about looking at the output just above the tank, even if it means cutting the pipe and I think you will find there is a leak on the pickup pipe or the pump body so it just pumps back into the tank instead of up through the system
Can you do us some video?
Mike

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs

Quoting from a previous thread- never seemn anything like it!
CR*p!!

"
They use a submersible pump and the sensors are not the best. Bailey are working on rectifying them.
Loads of manufacturers use submersible pumps the way they do is probably designed for caravans where the tank is outside. About time they designed a Motorhome rather than bolting a caravan onto a cab.
Lenny HB"

Sounds like the level sensors control the pump which switches off when they say so rather than actualy running out of water!!?
So the effect is not that the pump stops pumping water- it actually stops running altogether !! depending on what the sensors think
Mike

Lenny

Dec 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 754i
Sorry cant see any video which would be helpful.
Go back to what I said about looking at the output just above the tank, even if it means cutting the pipe and I think you will find there is a leak on the pickup pipe or the pump body so it just pumps back into the tank instead of up through the system
Can you do us some video?
Mike
I’ve just taken the pump out and put in a bucket of water fully submerged it works fine but 50% out stops working intermittently and pumps water out of the electric wiring area all I’m trying to find out if it’s supposed to do this. It’s a whale submersible high flow 12v pump dealer it does others so it’s not supposed to.

Found this think it must do it myself

Whales premium submersible pump is self-venting to eliminate air locking.

Cheers

Tony

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Ok so your having ago at it yourself-often best way to learn about these things.
Please clarify, the pump runs continuosly when fully submerged. Does the motor actually stop as it comes out of the water?.It shouldnt do, it should just run, but dont let it run dry for more than a few seconds. Presume its a lash up with the bucket of water and you are independent of the bailey control system. I think the submersibles are classed as self venting because they are normally at the bottom of a pipe pushing upwards and the air rises on its own.
A test pump is cheap on Ebay , less than £20. Whale are very helpful but not over this wekend!
Mike

Dec 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 754i
Ok so your having ago at it yourself-often best way to learn about these things.
Please clarify, the pump runs continuosly when fully submerged. Does the motor actually stop as it comes out of the water?.It shouldnt do, it should just run, but dont let it run dry for more than a few seconds. Presume its a lash up with the bucket of water and you are independent of the bailey control system. I think the submersibles are classed as self venting because they are normally at the bottom of a pipe pushing upwards and the air rises on its own.
A test pump is cheap on Ebay , less than £20. Whale are very helpful but not over this wekend!
Mike
It runs fine fully submerged if you pull it out it keeps running, if you run the pump half in it with run but not pump water sometimes, this was run from the control panel. I will order a whale premium pump I think to try it.

Squawk Parrot

Free Member
May 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adamo
Hi, I guess this has been solved by now. The few posts I've read suggest that the water in the tank is lower than the 40 percent reading. Especially as there appears to be only one inch of water in the bottom. To check the availability of water in the tank and it is not almost empty, despite the reading, fill the tank up to the max, then using a measure, see how much you can get out of the tank before it stops. If you are retrieving something like 90 litres or 90 percent of the 100 litre tank
, then the tank is essentially empty and the 40 percent reading can be taken as being the empty level. Time to restock.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hi, I guess this has been solved by now. The few posts I've read suggest that the water in the tank is lower than the 40 percent reading. Especially as there appears to be only one inch of water in the bottom. To check the availability of water in the tank and it is not almost empty, despite the reading, fill the tank up to the max, then using a measure, see how much you can get out of the tank before it stops. If you are retrieving something like 90 litres or 90 percent of the 100 litre tank
, then the tank is essentially empty and the 40 percent reading can be taken as being the empty level. Time to restock.

Most van I know have a un-screwable inspection hatch. Pain in the A to get too sometimes but.....saves a hell of a lot of water waste.

Oscarboy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
Aylesbury
Funster No
MH
Cayman20
Hi all, new to this forum and read with interest the problems with the pump we had similar problems which were caused by the pressure regular valve and the whale pump which is fitted our dealer kindly fitted a shureflow pump and now problem sorted. Looking at options to extend the waster outlet to the side of the MH similar to those fitted on a caravan can then use a flexible pipe to position over the waste service point anyone done this?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back