LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Hi our majestic 155 is 2 weeks old and from new the water pump is making a kind of knocking noise
I thought it maybe airlocked but it's still doing it
It does it on the toilet flush
Hot and cold taps in shower room and kitchen
We are back in Tewkesbury later on in June so it could go back to them to sort out but thought I'd ask here if there's something I could do to resolve the problem

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If it's a ShuFlo type pump and not a submersible pump, then they are quite noisy.. all depends on where and how they are mounted..

it may just need sound proofing or the mounting screws are too tight.. there should be rubber pads under the feet.. or it could be pipe knocking against a wall..

have a look when it is running to determine what where the noise is coming from..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. They are a tad noisy !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Most likely the pipe from the pump knocking against a bulkhead it passes through. Try tracing it through from the pump a short distance. Bit of bubble wrap or other insulation should cure it. Pump noise is usually more of a heavy vibration and can be a bit of a b****r to fix.

Happened to me when we first got our van.

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Well we got home yesterday and decided to take a look at the pump
My theory which may be wrong is that
The underslung fresh tank has the pump feed tube coming up through the floor then arcs into a pump pre filter with a gauze in when the pump runs in seems to empty the filter and then draws the water in from the tank and can't keep up with the pump this then causes the noise
What do you think

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The underslung fresh tank has the pump feed tube coming up through the floor then arcs into a pump pre filter with a gauze in when the pump runs in seems to empty the filter and then draws the water in from the tank and can't keep up with the pump this then causes the noise
What do you think

I think it is sucking in air at the filter.. . check the filter for cracks.. quite common for them to suffer frost damage..

spare filters on eBay.. is it like this ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHURFLO-F...ING-255-215-/171049149102?hash=item27d352e2ae

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Motorhome Man

Free Member
Mar 2, 2016
Upper Halling, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, it could also be a blockage or kink in the pipe from the tank to the pump, or even a blockage in the tank.
Try installing a pipe from a container to the pump and see if that cures it. Regards Luke

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back