Water pump issues; what to replace it with? (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Hi Boys n Girls! Happy New Year and all that B*****ks! We decided to go to our local pub for New Year and attend the party, which was great fun, and stay in the carpark on New Year's night. Well the water pump would switch on as usual when we got back but wouldn't go off when you turned off any of the taps. Been there, done that before, it's a sticky pressure switch at the bottom of the pump. Normally a gentle tap with a screwdriver handle or small hammer a couple of times gets it back to behaving itself. Not tonight Josephine!! So in my inebriated state I probably hit it a little too hard a little too often until it started making a terrible groaning noise but still wouldn't switch off! Switched it off at the control panel and went to bed. The question is do I get a service kit for around £40 or replace it with a brand newy for around £60? Going down the new route I think but I'm a little concerned about what to replace the old one with so I'm looking for recommendations from you guys. Think I should be sticking to around the same pressure/litres per minute/amps consumed etc? Pic of the current, beaten up one, below.

TIA!!

Russ.

Attachments

• IMG_6620.jpg
    IMG_6620.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
RustyRuss
Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Pappajohn I'm hoping for some tech Knowhow so I don't over stress pipe work or electrics etc. a model number or spec would be useful if poss.

Thanks!

Russ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

NicM

Free Member
Oct 6, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Old Hymer
Exp
Simplest way is replacing like for like surely?

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Had a Whale on previous moho but the spindle seized and the replacement was a fair bit more pricey than a Shurflow. One is usually constrained by what will fit the existing location and pipework.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
7.5L per minute 20 psi according to your label.

Shurflo would be my recommendation. I usually just buy from Magnums who are just up the road, but you can probably find cheaper.

Reactions: PRW

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back