Water pump filter shurflo (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Hi everyone just noticed water dripping from where it shouldn’t, traced it back to the water filter,my question is does the clear cap come off, it looks like it has threads and I’m suspecting it’s loosened itself of a bit, I don’t want to force it and crack it as we are full timing and this will leave us without water until I can get a new one, has anyone removed it? I’m hoping yes as I would have thought it would be an item that can cleaned edit, and if I do remove it does the water tank need drained down first?
Cheers
Mark 1589213540163.jpeg

Last edited:
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
It is supposed to unscrew but I could not shift ours when I tried. When next at the dealers they did it for me but said they were prone to cracking, so they always carried spares. In your circumstances I might be inclined to leave it until I had a spare in hand. If the leak is troublesome I would bind it with self amalgamating tape, it will eventually need cutting away with a very sharp blade because it will be a solid lump however it seals very well.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Hi thanks for the quick reply, I’m suspecting they get brittle with age so that’s what I’m worried of

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I've unscrewed mine quite a few times, mainly when draining down over winter to prevent any trapped water freezing and cracking the cap.

The clear cap is sealed with a rubber O-ring. The O-ring probably just needs cleaning and lubricating with silicone spray.....but inspect the cap for hairline cracks.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Looks like it had worked itself loose, gave it a nip up after bending myself in half to reach it

Thanks again,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back