Water pump change - what’s needed (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Our water pump has started making a strange noise, typically we are on holiday. I have ordered a direct replacement to the campsite we are heading to.

I have a couple of queries. From what I have seen the 12v lead from pump uses spade connectors, I’m not sure of the size and it will be a pain to get to them so only want to do it once when I change it?

So I was thinking of just getting a mixed set and hope for the best!? Can anyone offer any further on this?

do I also need a crimping tool? Or would pliers do??

thanks

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
My shurflo in a rapido has blue 6.3mm spades. A decent crimp tool will give a more robust joint, with pliers you are likely to revisit the job. The colour crimp depends on size of wire youve got.
Edit example

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Being a Hymer group van it probably uses mate 'N lock connectors, you can get them on ebay and a crimp tool for non insulated push-ons works OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
These are the 6.3mm spades on my sureflo in a Rapido. You'll also need an adjustable spanner or 8mm socket to remove the 4 bolts holding the pump to it's mounting, in my case it's fixed to the tank but it varies from van to van.

thumbnail.jpg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
From what I have seen the 12v lead from pump uses spade connectors, I’m not sure of the size and it will be a pain to get to them so only want to do it once when I change it?
You could get these and just cut original wires
but if getting like for like connection should the same

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
When I changed a pump while on holiday, I twisted the ends together and wrapped in tape.

I know it’s not ideal but I was in the middle of the Alps during holiday season.

It worked and I then forgot it for about three months till I remembered to do it properly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I needed to drain all of the water out of the system. I bought a couple of taps from a caravan shop to fit either side of the pump in case I needed to do it again.
The low pressure side works fine but the high pressure side leaked and was removed. Plan ahead and get a couple of decent stopcocks.

We went on holiday in Germany and using stellplatze so sourcing everything was moderately difficult.
Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back