Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We don't usually use the water heater, which is a Truma Ultrastore Rapid GE, but on a recent Habitation check they reported that the water pump surges when running hot water

Have not noticed any problems when using cold water, which is pumped by a Shurflo pump

Can anyone give me any pointers to where I should be looking for the cause of this fault? Is it a heater or a pump fault?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We don't usually use the water heater, which is a Truma Ultrastore Rapid GE, but on a recent Habitation check they reported that the water pump surges when running hot water

Have not noticed any problems when using cold water, which is pumped by a Shurflo pump

Can anyone give me any pointers to where I should be looking for the cause of this fault? Is it a heater or a pump fault?

If the hot water system is rarely used I would say you still have air in the boiler.. Can be a bit of a bugger to get out on some systems.. We are lucky and an extended running of the hot tap usually sorts it out

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
OK, thanks. Water is drained down at the moment so I will try again when I refill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One of the reasons I hate draining down ( though of course in the UK winter we have little choice if a van is not going to be used for 4 or 5 days .. That is all it would take to ruin all sorts, from taps to boilers )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back