water not draining from bathroom sink (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
The water is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow to drain from the bathroom sink. Kitchen sink and shower ok. Have taken it apart at the sink end all seems well, got underneath to where the pipe enters the waste tank but can't get to as chassis in the way. The only way to disconnect is drop the tank and that's not happening. I can't see any fault with the pipe so wondering what will clear it other than a plunger (a bit heavy handed, did this before and it cost me a new sink ).

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My version of the plunger usually works well - a plastic bottle with a neck that roughly fits the plug 'ole. Hold it firmly in place then squeeze the bottle hard.

Happycampers1

Free Member
Jun 18, 2014
St Leonards, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 665
Exp
I had the same problem with my kitchen sink. Tried blasting it with plunger and it went eventually but blocked again. I then replaced the entire pipe making sure that it was not able to form airlocks and still no better.The thing that eventually solved it was leaving the drain valve open into a waste water roller instead of the onboard storage. Now works every time.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
sounds like the waste pipe may be into the tank too much --They only need to be a inch or so into the tank-(don't ask)-if more then it will slow the water down a lot once the end is into the tank water level -
if you can get to the water pipe tank enter bit simply pull it back out and /or shorten it
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
wet and dry hoover suck your pips clean and Make sure you live the drain tap open then put six calgon tabs in a bucket of very hot water and poor down the plug hole's
good luck

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
Hi, I had a similar problem, turned out to be the 'open' vent, normaly a short stub of pipe from the highest point on the side of the tank, the end had become blocked with dirt, used a pencil to clear it, problem fixed...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back