Water marks on burstner i890 decals (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Hope someone can help here.

Just spent the day cleaning the roof removing moss around the skylights and then giving it a good coating of collinite, anyway, I was about to start on the nearside of the van and have noticed waterstaining on the decals (should have taken photos sorry):( its only on the nearside and was still there after I washed, should also say it was there when I bought it but thought it would come off after a wash. I tried a bit of collinite to see if would come of and that didn't work either:mad:.
What do I do without damaging the decals, the water staining reminds me of when a garage spray the vehicle with traffic film remover but then don't clean it off properly, this is going to bug me because I'm OCD when it comes to cleanliness of my vehicles so if anybody else has had a similar problem and has managed to sort it please let me know :D

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Possibly been cleaned with TFR before you bought it and not washed off quickly enough, unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do.
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
(n)(n):(:( Ill try a few different things but fear you may be right, any other ideas welcome if anybody has any?
cheers
mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Not trying to be funny or make light of the problem but why not replace the decals if you are so concerned?

They should be readily available. If not, there are many companies who can replicate them for you.

We had some done a few years ago.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
How much did it cost? How much did you replace ? Have been looking at wrapping companies but haven’t priced yet. You can pm if you prefer.
Cheers
Mark

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Rudski01

We replaced a two colour graphic stripe about four feet long and slightly curved, tapering from four inches wide to about two inches wide.

Cost including fitting was about £40 or so.

That included photographing the same graphic on the other side of the vehicle, which was undamaged, using that as a template, flipping the image to match the damaged one, printing onto a vinyl-like material and fitting. We removed the old one and cleaned up the area concerned.

That particular company has gone out of business but we have recently had a “stock graphic” fleur de lis printed (about two feet x three feet) and fixed to the rear of our m/h for £28.

We Googled “Graphics “ Companies to find both of them. The recent Company does full body wraps, the other one didn’t

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Cheers, thank s for sharing that, not as much as I was expecting

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Yep sold it :D

In all seriousness, I couldn’t get them out so just lived with it, although it wound me up every time I washed it :mad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back