Water level sensors from China (1 Viewer)

May 28, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Converted Renault Master
Exp
6 years
I ordered some of these WS-03 "no drill" proximity sensors from China a while ago as the plan is to attach three to my water tank and have a push button and 3 leds to show the water level. As usual they came with no instructions other than a basic schematic. On each sensor there are 3 wires Red (+ve 5-24v), black (-ve), yellow (signal 300mA). Am I right in thinking I can just connect an LED between the signal wire and ground or is there more to it than that. Do I need a current limiting resistor in series with the LED (or just use "off the shelf" 12v ready ones). They took a month to come some I don't want to fry one experimenting.

Attachments

• DSC04357.JPG
    DSC04357.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 45

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A 12V LED and oft you go. The output could work one of two ways, LED to +12 or LED to ground/0V.
If it were mine I would try LED to +12V and to output on the basis current sinking is the easy interface to build in.

OP
OP
Bomber county wanderers
May 28, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Converted Renault Master
Exp
6 years
Sorted it, 12v LED between signal and +ve gives a "light on" and LED between signal and -ve gives a "light off". I'm going to go with the former so 3 lights illuminated to indicate a full tank and put an on/off switch in the feed so its not annoying at night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back