Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi all

The level indicator for my water tank appears to be US:Sad:

Any ideas on where to start looking? Do these tend to be physical 'floats' or some electronic sensor? Any clues greatly accepted.:pray:

Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the level indicators are USUALLY a series of pins at differant heights hence differant resistances.

not reliable, never accurate.....mine is empty at the mo but it shows a quarter.
a float would be better but its all down to cost.

i have the best gauge........when the tap splutters, im out of water. :thumb:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
What motorhome do you have? The sensor will be in the tank either visable from the outside or inside accessable from a removable bung.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What motorhome do you have? The sensor will be in the tank either visable from the outside or inside accessable from a removable bung.

Just what I was going to say.

If you have an Explorer Group van like ours an inaccurate water reading is one of the endearing features of the breed ::bigsmile: - and, I have to say, from our point of view, not at all serious once you get used to it ::bigsmile:

Graham

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
In every van I have had the gauges have been wildly innacurate. If they work at all it's just a matter of knowing what any particular reading means. My water tank goes from full to half just filling a kettle and then stays on half till its nearly empty when it suddenly drops. My waste tank reads empty until its about to overflow when it reads a quarter full. You soon get to know how long a tank will last.:thumb:
The best thing to do when touring is to fill up and dump whenever the opportunity presents itself. A bit like all of us as we get older.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The best thing to do when touring is to fill up and dump whenever the opportunity presents itself. A bit like all of us as we get older.::bigsmile:

:rollonfloor::ROFLMAO::rollonfloor:

It's a Moncayo Halcon. We'll have a look at the tank.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back