LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We went away in our 7 month old AS Broadway in February. A few days into our 3 weeks away, Mrs A was washing up and noticed her feet were wet.
Out came the screwdrivers, towels and torch ( it was 8pm)
I found the problem. The kitchen sink drain waste pipe had come apart at a push joint behind the bottom of the cooker. It wasn't a push fit joint, just a 1.25" pipe that hadn't been pushed together and sealed.
My only method of repair then was to push the pipe together and wrap Gorilla Tape around the joint.
We then spent a couple of hours mopping up and using a hair drier to dry the floor ( thank goodness for a decent inverter)
2 and a half weeks later when we were home, I took the joint apart, cleaned everything and used plastic pipe glue to seal it properly. No residual damp, thank goodness.
I didn't bother taking it to the dealer because I had fixed it and knew it was done properly.
The van is going in to AS shortly for another unrelated repair, I will get them to double check the floor and joints, but I am happy it was only a short term leak and it is now dry.
Still very poor that this van joint was released from the factory without the waste pipe joint being sealed properly. Poor quality control or just poor quality workmanship.
Allan

Edit... our water pump turns on for a second every now and again too. No leaks though

The water leak was just the latest problem we had. Other problems were just little niggle things, but things that you don't expect on a new van however fingers crossed there will be no more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back