LauraC

Free Member
Apr 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
New to motorhoming
We are new mh owners and have an Eldiss 115. The grey water tank won’t empty it should have approx 20 litres foul water but opening the external drain tap does nothing. Grateful for any suggestions.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Stupid question.
It wasnt open before and you have already opened it ?
Try having it open and run the shower to see if any water comes out to confirm.

Edit. just to point out it is my question that is potentially stupid not yours

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Our Majestic 115 has a bowing in the pipeline from the waste tank to the on/off outlet. This holds back drainage that I've yet to rectify by fitting straight plastic piping.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi I would put more water in it just turn your taps on and fill it then open your waste ,if your van is new and you haven’t emptied your waste before it may be like my Elddis and the tank was full of plastic swarf from the factory pipe work fittings and be blocked . Just use curtain wire to poke up the pipe if that doesn’t work come back on here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LauraC

Free Member
Apr 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
New to motorhoming
Thanks for your very quick and helpful suggestions. The tap was definitely shut before and hose doesn’t seem to be kinked. It is a new van so will try the curtain wire! Thanks

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks for your very quick and helpful suggestions. The tap was definitely shut before and hose doesn’t seem to be kinked. It is a new van so will try the curtain wire! Thanks
The water may not be up to the outlet level of the tank. Try raising the van on a slope or ramps so the tank outlet is tipped lower.

Oh yes and :welcomesign:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A lot of MH water tanks have the outlet on the side but not necessarily right at the lowest point so you often get a residue of water just sitting there whatever you do, if you have it on a slope it can make it even worse (unless the slope is such that it aids emptying!).

Best to put more water in and check if it's coming out at all before doing anything else.

Oh, and welcome to the Fun House :D

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You could always try

images.jpg

Or just take it back from whence it came

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
use a curtain wire or backflush with a hosepipe

Upvote 0

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
20 litres is not a lot of water of course depending on your tank sizes. How are you measuring that ? Are you using the control panel (potentially inaccurate) ? Are you sure it's that much ? A lot of that could have ended up being flushed in the loo or consumed. I'll echo what Minxy girl says. I leave my drain tap open after emptying and leaving a site because I know it's not completely empty. But I'm just a newbie too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LauraC

Free Member
Apr 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
New to motorhoming
Thanks for your comment. It turns out the drain tank wasn’t actually full enough - rookie mistake! It ran off fine once we ran the taps through. We hadn’t calibrated the fill tank so thought it was full when actually it wasn’t. Lots to learn!! Appreciate everyone’s input.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks for your comment. It turns out the drain tank wasn’t actually full enough - rookie mistake! It ran off fine once we ran the taps through. We hadn’t calibrated the fill tank so thought it was full when actually it wasn’t. Lots to learn!! Appreciate everyone’s input.
Never fails to surprise me how long it takes to fill the water tank (except when we were allowed to use the high flow hose at a fish processing plant in Scotland although I ended up wearing a fair bit of it!!!). I always usually fill until it overflows the gagues are pants

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back