Water Issues - Fresh and Waste (1 Viewer)

Dodders

Free Member
May 19, 2017
Melksham, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat Benimar Aereo 6000cc
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good Morning All,

I wonder if anyone can assist on some issues I am having on setting up the water supply on my Fiat Benimar Aereo 6000. They may be "noddy" questions but I am struggling even though I'm following the manual supplied with my vehicle.

a. I have completely filled the Fresh Water Tank (along with Purifier and have left for the recommended time). The manual says there is switch/button to empty the tank near the pump, however I cannot find it. There is a red lever/switch, near to the pump, however this does not seem to do anything that I can see or hear.

b. Having filled the tank, I then switched on the pump and opened both taps and the shower as recommended, however the flow of water is just a dribble. I tried this twice with the same result, even having just one tap open at a time?

c. The manual mentions the Waste Water Tank, however I cannot find where this is located on my vehicle. Also, the water running out from the actions at b. above, is coming straight out externally and not going in to the Waste Water Tank, as I believe it should? My manual mentions valves on the water section, but gives no indication as to where they are.

Would be most grateful for any advice, many thanks.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Oh Boy!

Item a ---- No idea but my water tank has an inspection hole, have a look inside and see where the drain might be.

Item b --- I would guess is a frost valve that is opened designed to save the water heater. You have to rest the valve by pressing or turning a button - see manual.
This could also be the reason you have no water from the taps and because it takes a fair while to fill the hot water boiler (that's continually leaking!!!).

Item c look underneath the van and you will see a black tank hanging there with some kind of drain tap to empty it.

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Have you pictures of the red Lever / Switch?
It sounds as though you should have a switch to turn the water pump on, this will increase flow. If you have the taps in the Hot water position, you may only be getting splutters because the tank is not full yet. Keep hot tap open to draw water through the hot water tank. However, the cold should still be at presure, so maybe there is a separate switch on your control panel. The water maybe leaking out of the waste tank as it is open. I suspect that the red lever is the frost protection valve for the tank and this should be closed. The manual should tell you how to do this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Ideally when priming the system do the tap closest to the pump first and then do the other one.As has been said sounds like the frost drain valve is open.Can you see anything like these anywhere?
2017-05-26-12-31-30--770861040.jpeg
2017-05-26-12-33-36-797666386.jpeg
2017-05-26-12-33-49-437497972.jpeg

2017-05-26-12-31-30--770861040.jpeg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread