Water ingress rear wheel arch hymer exis I 564 (1 Viewer)

Calamity Cate

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi All

Please can anyone help me.
We were getting our Motorhome ready to have our first post lockdown trip and discovered water had come in onto the floor under the kitchen draws. Have narrowed it down to a leak behind the rear nearside wheel arch trim but can’t figure out how to get it off.

Have temporarily stopped it with waterproof tape along the gap between the trim and the body. I have seen that others have inserted a rubber seal into the gap but I wanted to check there was nothing else going on inside the arch. Has anyone else had similar problems? would be very grateful for any advice/ help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi there,

For some reason your post got put into a moderation queue and it's only just gone live. So you've not been ignored...People can see your post now and hopefully, you'll get the answer you need (y)

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi All

Please can anyone help me.
We were getting our Motorhome ready to have our first post lockdown trip and discovered water had come in onto the floor under the kitchen draws. Have narrowed it down to a leak behind the rear nearside wheel arch trim but can’t figure out how to get it off.

Have temporarily stopped it with waterproof tape along the gap between the trim and the body. I have seen that others have inserted a rubber seal into the gap but I wanted to check there was nothing else going on inside the arch. Has anyone else had similar problems? would be very grateful for any advice/ help?

Hi I have a Hymer Exsis i562 and in the process of having the front wheel arch seals repacked as they have started to breakdown, not sure of the correct terminology of the seals but have left it with a mechanic that has done similar work on vehicles that have had similar issues.
HTH'S
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Had both rear wheel arch seals replaced under warranty. It is a known fault Hymer are very aware but won’t issue a recall relying on owners or dealers finding it. Hymer then supply a kit and instructions to the dealer I am led to believe. How old is your Exsis.

OP
OP
Calamity Cate

Calamity Cate

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for the info. It has a 2014 plate. We got it 2 years ago. I expect it’s too old for a warranty repair.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
If the damp proof warrany has been maintained, it's valid for 6 years.
There's a chance you could be covered.

OP
OP
Calamity Cate

Calamity Cate

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Since 2017
Unfortunately Travelworld has said Hymer won’t recognise the annual habitation checks because although they were done by a NCC approved workshop they weren’t a Hymer dealer. ☹️

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Unfortunately Travelworld has said Hymer won’t recognise the annual habitation checks because although they were done by a NCC approved workshop they weren’t a Hymer dealer. ☹
Ouch, that’s a lesson learned to all of us with newer Hymers requiring the rip off costly so called annual water ingress check ☹️☹️☹️

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Unfortunately Travelworld has said Hymer won’t recognise the annual habitation checks because although they were done by a NCC approved workshop they weren’t a Hymer dealer. ☹
As far as I know habitation checks aren’t required for the warranty with Hymer, just the water ingress check. We had ours done for the five years (five because the last one covers you up to being six years old) even though we had habitation checks done elsewhere.
The up side is that being a Hymer water may get in but it’s less likely to do do any actual damage. We had water in through the cycle rack points, down through inside the wardrobe, through the floor and into the lower locker, no damage after stopping the leak.

Last edited:
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Had ours done at Campirama on Monday at a cost of €70. Well worth that price as an insurance premium.
We once had one done at Travelworld who tried to insist that we needed a full habitation check in order to maintain the warranty. We declined, but they still charged £170 for just the damp check.
Hymer dealers conduct the check and enter the results direct onto the Hymer centralised computer system, then stamp your records to record that it has been done.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Where was the damp check done?
If you had that done as well by an NCC workshop unless they were a Hymer dealer unfortunately you won't be covered.

OP
OP
Calamity Cate

Calamity Cate

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Since 2017
If you had that done as well by an NCC workshop unless they were a Hymer dealer unfortunately you won't be covered.
It was rhino installations of Preston

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back