Water Ingress on Peugeot Boxer Starburst (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We recently concacted out local Peugeot dealer, Matthewmans of Rotherham, with the problem of water getting into the engine from the windscreen. They were great, said they had had one or two booked in recently and offered to do the work completely FOC. They even took us home and collected us when the work was completed. First class service and an excellent job. :thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Glad to hear you got it sorted.:thumb:::bigsmile:

Is it a design oversight?I have read of a few cases of this happening recently?

Also good to read of Dealers giving good customer service.

There is a Dealer Review Thread on this site Link Removed

Perhaps it may be a good idea to leave your thoughts there too.:thumb:

Last edited:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
hi there we live in rothereham do they do fiats there
looks like doncaster at moment for me :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
We recently concacted out local Peugeot dealer, Matthewmans of Rotherham, with the problem of water getting into the engine from the windscreen. They were great, said they had had one or two booked in recently and offered to do the work completely FOC. They even took us home and collected us when the work was completed. First class service and an excellent job. :thumb:

Sounds like a good dealer did they fit an engine cover have they totally stopped water coming through scuttle does it still leak from windscreen wiper spindles and did they fit extra rubbers behind the top of the headlamps?

Before the motorhome I used to have boats I have stopped the wiper spindle leak by using stern tube grease on the wiper spindles any other tenacious grease should do.

badger1

Free Member
Jan 8, 2008
forest of dean glos
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
3 years and caravanning 25 years
Sounds like a good dealer did they fit an engine cover have they totally stopped water coming through scuttle does it still leak from windscreen wiper spindles and did they fit extra rubbers behind the top of the headlamps?

Before the motorhome I used to have boats I have stopped the wiper spindle leak by using stern tube grease on the wiper spindles any other tenacious grease should do.

Hi lads, Peugeot customer services told me that they have not had one complaint about water ingress and certainly no dealer that I have spoken to has had any info from Head office regarding same. When I asked about recalls on my 2005 peugeot Boxer they said no recalls at all had been issued. When I mentioned that Fiat (same cab/ unit) had now admitted the water ingress probs and various recall probs,why
weren't peugeot doing the same, the guy sniggered and said Ah, but you see sir ,we are not Fiat! Your views if any will be of interest. Regards badger1.

BEV

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
CORNWALL
Funster No
MH
AUTOCRUISE
Exp
Water ingress

Our local Peugeot here in Launceston Cornwall has kept me up to date with recalls and i have had two so far this year one of which was the water ingress. So check with Peugeot dealer and get them done at not cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
woodstock

Did they get the rust off the engine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back