Water ingress in garage 2017 apache 634 (1 Viewer)

Beehector

Free Member
Nov 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Brilliant thanks. We will look into buying some.

Tom and Barbara

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
sure, you will find it is of substance, MUCH better than the naf thing that autotrail put on it a the factory , you will find the door will now sit proud for a while and you might even need to bend the locking bar for a while. Dont force the door to fit trim at first, i have also found the locks like to break as well , so go easy and endure a slight ajar hatch for a couple of months till it beds it - i guarantee it wont leak. i pointed the hose on it - dry as a bone - at last.
The rubber seal isn't fitted by Auto Trail or any other coach builder who use them. Hartal fit it when they fabricate the door. Builders simply fit the door and frame as one into the hole cut by the CAD machine. The problem was probably the locks being too loose and not compressing the rubber enough. A simple adjustment with a spanner on the internal nut would probably have sufficed.

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
The rubber seal isn't fitted by Auto Trail or any other coach builder who use them. Hartal fit it when they fabricate the door. Builders simply fit the door and frame as one into the hole cut by the CAD machine. The problem was probably the locks being too loose and not compressing the rubber enough. A simple adjustment with a spanner on the internal nut would probably have sufficed.
Old thread I know….

Does anyone have any tips in adjusting locks on garage doors to ensure the correct pressure is applied without damaging the seals ?

Also - anyone got any tips on replacing the garage door seals ?

Thanks in advance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Old thread I know….

Does anyone have any tips in adjusting locks on garage doors to ensure the correct pressure is applied without damaging the seals ?

Also - anyone got any tips on replacing the garage door seals ?

Thanks in advance
I just bend the locking latch bar if I need to pull the door in more.

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Trying to see if anyone has adjusted them with the spanner as quoted earlier - thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back