Water ingress in boot of 2016 Hymer B544 Premiumline (1 Viewer)

Rushp

Free Member
Oct 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer B544 A class
We bought a 2016 Hyner B544 PremiumLine in Travelworld in August 2021. Water is appearing in a sizeable amount in the rear boot at each side of the boot door when it rains. Ursula ( my wife) also discovered a towel damp in the bottom of the wardrobe. I have just found after heavy rain a bead of water coming down the rear wall of the wardrobe. When I removed the back timber plate at the top we see water ingress around the cables coming in from the camera outside. We are wondering if the seals of the boot are the problem or if the bike rack is a possibility. There is no sign of water on the sides of the boot; just these puddles appearing after heavy rain with the motorhome parked up. If you would like to discuss, my number is 077 499 363 85

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Maybe worth checking yours in case it’s the rear wheel arch seal

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Sorry to hear about your water ingress, surely Travel World must investigate as when you purchase from Erwin Hymer Centre Travelworld all of their new vehicles are issued with the manufacturer’s standard warranty of 2 years. This stays intact providing the annual habitation inspection and damp test has been carried out at a manufacturer’s approved dealer.

Hymers contain a 5 or 6 years water ingress warranty (dependant on manufacturer) and are subjected to the individual manufacturer recommended service and inspection intervals.

Good luck

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Our 2014 B544 has/had the same. The cycle rack mount points were the culprit and needed stripping, cleaning and re sealing. I also changed the camera so had the opportunity to re seal the rubber grommet there too. The sealant was dried and cracked.
No problems since in the wardrobe area, the good news being, no permanent damage because there’s no soft wood or card board anywhere.
Water in the ‘boot’ by which I think you’re referring to the lower rear locker on the near side. I found that water running off the roof can be caught and diverted in by the silly hinge design which acts like a gutter. I’ve stood outside and watched water coming off the rear side near the toilet window, running down to the toilet cassette door, tracking around that and being caught by the hinges.
I’ve fitted a length of Fiamma drip strip to the rear corner of the roof to divert any water down the rear panel.
I’ve not found any water in the locker for a long time now.
Also worthwhile removing the panel above the oven to check if the vent pipe seal on the roof is leaking, I’ve just discovered a stain in the headlining behind there due to the plastic vent pipe on the roof having poor sealing due the breakdown of the sealant. I would think any water coming in there could track down eventually to rear locker via fridge, double floor and then the locker.
Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Sounds like all the previous have it clocked. The is the shower tray on the near side rear - if that is leaking it will also go into the rear locker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back