Water ingress above high level brake light (1 Viewer)

Diane Wright

Free Member
Mar 16, 2018
Funster No
Hi
We have a 2016 Auto trail tracker rb in which it' has just had it's 2nd habitation check in which water ingress was found to the rear of the van coming in from high level brake light through the sealant being split. Any one else had this problem with this van . Thank you

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not heard of that particular problem and have owned Autotrails for many years and follow a lot of the AT sites.
Sealant could fail anytime i guess due to flexing of the van or simply poor workmanship upon installation, after all it is an Autotrail !!;)

My van had ingress on its first hab check, the rear roof skylight had to be taken out and re-sealed.
I wont go into the other issues..:doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We had a 2012 tracker FB and had a few issues with leaks but not from the high level brake light.

Autotrail build quality is in my opinion not very good but when we had warranty claims they were great.

We did have cracking in the plastic roof panel adjacent to the back seam of the roof area but never had any water in from it.

Let the warranty deal with it and hopefully it will then be ok

OP
OP
D

Diane Wright

Free Member
Mar 16, 2018
Funster No
We bought from Tyne Valley motorhomes who can not fix until july

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We also had other issues which won' go into

Me too - we got fed up fixing it in the end and sold it.

Bought an IH but have had issues with that mostly caused by the west midlands agent (in my opinion).

IH have been first class sorting out the problems and we are still very happy with the van.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012

Ask Autotrail if u can take it to a.n.other as they may have approved mobile engineers who can assist earlier.

But out of interest how did u find out? Was it a hab check with your supplying dealer?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:welco:

Wouldn't it be easier to remove the light yourself ,or a friend if it is a problem, & re seal it yourself or is there other problems caused by the leak ?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Hi Diane,

Welcome to the club, It's good to have you onboard.(y)

Our first van was a 2016-Autotrail which we purchased from Tyne Valley Motorhomes in Sep-16. They were great when in 'selling mode' but fairly shocking when it came to repairs.

Sadly though, I've heard it from several sources that once they have your cash then you're sent back to the bottom of the priority list.

The TVM service Center is only wee compared to some and can no longer cope with the vast number of issues which come from them selling the Autotrail brand.

I hope they can buck their ideas up and squeeze you in sooner but I somehow doubt it.

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
D

Diane Wright

Free Member
Mar 16, 2018
Funster No
Hi Andrew
Thanks
We got ours brand new 5th March 16. Yes we have come to the same conclusion as yourself. Have complained to Jonathan Bell one of the owners and I think he is a asshole excuse my French. Like you say when they are getting your money they are ok
As for that receptionist they have that woman I can't stand. Going to contact autotrail
All best Diane and Peter
Ps you thought about asking for your money back

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew
Thanks
We got ours brand new 5th March 16. Yes we have come to the same conclusion as yourself. Have complained to Jonathan Bell one of the owners and I think he is a asshole excuse my French. Like you say when they are getting your money they are ok
As for that receptionist they have that woman I can't stand. Going to contact autotrail
All best Diane and Peter
Ps you thought about asking for your money back

If you're a Funster (i.e. a club member) then it's a pre-requisite to joining this fine outfit of misfits to be able to speak that type of French, lol:D

That said, I certainly wouldn't change any part of your assessment above - I do think the same as you albeit I would add the word 'slimy' here and there to help add accuracy to your description.

We sorted out our Autotrail problems by selling the van 4-months later so sadly I can't comment on any further follow-up by TVM.

We did get a small calendar from them this Xmas but that just accompanied the kellogg's box into recycle.

It's good to have you on the forum Diane.

Best wishes,

Andrew

OP
OP
D

Diane Wright

Free Member
Mar 16, 2018
Funster No
ok. Was yours an rb or another model. Did you loose much on what you paid. We have just sent Jonathan Bell an email telling him what we think. Also copied of all emails to auto trail at Grimsby. We live wakefield

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Hi Diane
Welcome to the funhouse. We have a autotrail tribute which we bought the same month as you and have had to have the garage door changed which has been no problem since. We bought from a midlands dealer only after an agreement from autotrail that we could get a local dealer, Simpsons in Norfolk,to do the warranty work. They have been excellent and I would suggest you ring Autotrail and get approval to go to another dealer. Hope this helps.
Ray

OP
OP
D

Diane Wright

Free Member
Mar 16, 2018
Funster No
Hi Ray
Thanks we have contacted auto trail this afternoon explaining in full copy of report and all emails to and from Tyne Valley motorhome. Regards Diane

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Try the factory direct.. 3 out of the 4 jobs done on my van have been at the factory BUT I have also read they have a long waiting list.. Seems they have a lot to fix.. :(

WHOOPS... Just read last post.. You beat me to it (y)
Welcome to FUN by the way..

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
ok. Was yours an rb or another model. Did you loose much on what you paid. We have just sent Jonathan Bell an email telling him what we think. Also copied of all emails to auto trail at Grimsby. We live wakefield

If we had PX'd our van with TVM then we would have lost a small fortune.

We bought the van for ÂŁ46,700 in Sep-16 (end of season Imala) and they offered us ÂŁ36,000 two weeks later as a PX value AND they said they were doing us a favour at that price.

I did fancy an Apache 700 at the time but to swap using TVM would have cost us circa ÂŁ26,000 to trade up.

We then travelled 140 miles South to Brownhills in Newark and they would do the same van deal but at ÂŁ17,000 to swap; ÂŁ9,000 cheaper than TVM. Enough said eh.

We've now left the Autotrail brand behind.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Don't worry about the water coming in through the high level light, it'll probably find it's way out by one of the low level ones. :)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
:welco:

Wouldn't it be easier to remove the light yourself ,or a friend if it is a problem, & re seal it yourself or is there other problems caused by the leak ?

I wouldn't be surprised Gus if the water penetration is potentially coming through the trim that binds the roof to the rear GRP panel. There was a case recently where the bonding had lost its integrity between the top two panels.

That said, and as you advised, I would get myself up top and do something because if it is the light housing then July is a long time away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back