Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We have a Tribute on a 2013 Ford Transit chassis and I have recently realised that when we have heavy rain there is water in the left hand side of the engine bay. The water stands in the chassis member and the engine mounting, and the sound insulation on the wing is wet. I have placed paper towels in various places to observe the effect and found that most water seemed to come in around the brake reservoir

I think that the entry is from the plastic covers, which join between the screen wipers and is then running under the plastic and into the engine bay. May not be a problem on a vehicle that is run regularly to dry the area, but for a MH that can stand for long periods is a problem

Any other transit owners come across this or resolved the problem?

TIA

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You should have what is called a scuttle or windscreen drain hole under all that plastic, it may be blocked causing water to spill over into engine bay
locate it and clear it, they also somtimes have a hose attached in the engine bay with a flat end coming out under the engine check the hose for blockages too

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I have had a bit more look and I think that the water appears to run from the windowscreen and under the Scuttle Tray. Under the plastic tray is a fixed metal tray that should take the water into side gutters on the tops of the wings. The tray has a hole above the brake fluid reservoir that is oval in shape and holds a plastic nut. I think that the water comes through the hole and drops onto the reservoir and that splatters around.

I also have a leak from the end of one of the wing top gutters that feeds water onto a wiring loom and the wing base over the wheel and saturates the sound insulation that is stuck on there

I have read that Ford brought out a "Water Management Measure" that was retro fitted to some Transits. I will contact the local Ford Agent tomorrow and see if I can make any progress

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back