Water in drawer under fridge (1 Viewer)

driver ian

Free Member
Jul 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dethleff 7057 trend
I have a 7057 trend , woke up to water in the drawer under the fridge, anyone else had this problem / have a solution?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I’d remove the lower exterior fridge vent cover and see if water could be getting in from outside.
The rear of the fridge should be complete sealed from the interior of the van

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Some fridges have a removable water collection tray inside rear of the fridge which needs to be removed carefully and emptied every 3 or 4 days, if you don’t then it gets everywhere

Reactions: f6c

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Like Bernie says, check the condensation drain hole, may be blocked.
Secondly check fridge seals if it is letting in warm air that can create extra moisture.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

driver ian

Free Member
Jul 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dethleff 7057 trend
Thanks to all, looks like it was an overflow from the water drainage tray, so dried it out and we will see.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks to all, looks like it was an overflow from the water drainage tray, so dried it out and we will see.
Use a thin wire to run down the overflow tube to make sure it's clear. đź‘Ť

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
We had this in our Globebus and friends ditto on a McLouis. Behind the lower external fridge vent is the gas burner & electric heater, along with a small white condensate capture tank. In very humid conditions this fills up quicker than it can evaporate and the overflow water finds its way into the van and into the cupboard below the fridge.
We just emty ours out using a cloth, but our friends have fitted an extension to the drain tube which they poke out of the grill. We're mined to do the same, but dangle it down the vent tube below it so it stops out below the van.

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
We have had this problem sometimes especially when the fridge has just been switched off so now I put two cloths in the fridge one near the drip tray to catch any water that overflows the drip tray. Then a second cloth at the front to catch any drips from near the front of the freezer box. This has appeared to solve the problem in most cases, there is sometimes water that does leak to the front of the fridge when in use, but this may be due to levelling or drips from the fins of the cooling radiator under the freeze box. We have a Trend 6717 so I expect it is a similar fridge.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I use a small syringe to suck the water out of the collecting/evaporating container at the back of the fridge. In hot humid weather it needs doing quite often so as mentioned above I fit an extension tube to the pipe and poke it out through the grill.

• Informative

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back