Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
Read relevant posts regarding type of hose, watering cans, various connectors etc - question is How much in length is worth taking for filling water tank? (Europe)
I'm looking at getting about 10m, prepared to cut down to 2 lengths (say 4m + 6m), use connectors to create original 10m if necessary once we get used to filling up at different situations.
Good idea or am I over-engineering? Do I need a bit more? Less? vehicle easy to move as required - but we're going full-time so more-prepared-the-better!
Thanks in advance....

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi
I have a 10m flat hose does not take up much space along with a collection of tap fittings (Wilkinsons cheap) . hose again was cheap and I have no issues with any water taint (and the boss has not complained either).

Rob

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It matters not
30 foot or 300 foot
You will always be a foot short of the nearest tap:Doh:
Same with hook up cables :thumb:
It's motor Holmes Law:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if it is to long

if it is to long or to short it does not matter, water pressure is bad on a lot of sites and comes through at a rate of knots or dribbles or spurts... still end up taking the 5 gallon container to the taps most times.. of move the RV to the tap and have a short fill.

Whatever you do it will be wrong.

Bob:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have 40 meters of roll flat hose, rolled onto one of these electrical cable reels. I used one of these as putting roll flat hose back into it's cassette is a pain.

31yezUB-mKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The hose is in three pieces all with a female hose connecter at each end. all three pieces are connected with one of these.

Link Removed

They are at different lengths so I only unwind what I need. As I unwind it I have the option of a 5m a 15m or 40m length of hose

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
Thanks

ok guys, thanks for that - guessed as much (I do Sod's Law, but didn't know about Holmes' Law). Lame question; will stick with original plan and deal with the consequences.....!::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back