Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
Just been away for a long weekend, When we got there, The water heater (carver) was a bitch to get going, It worked for 2 days then just sits there with a green light laughing at me and not heating the water. Outside I can hear it clicking/igniting staying lit for a random amount of seconds the going out, then trying to relight.
So im not gonna get caught again. It is almost 17 years old (if its original)
Has anybody had any dealings with Henry water heaters ? anygood ? Or propex heaters ?
Or suggestions that fit in the cascade hole :thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sounds like the flame failure device.
This is a probe that is positioned in the pilot flame, if it has one, or the burner flame if its piezoelectric ignition. Make sure its actually in the flame. If it is, and still not staying alight, then you may need a new one.

Last edited:

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
Sounds like a partially blocked pilot jet. Spiders webs are favourite and I keep a long thin brush to tackle these but it does sometimes need removing extraneous bits to get at it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi had the same problem on our Hymer, different water heater but we went to the local dealer and the workshop engineer told me to remove outside vent cover and put an air line in and blow everything out, Lots of dust leaves came out and it now works a treat and has done ever since 6 months . Not sure if it will work but its free and just takes a few minutes, got to be worth a try, good luck!!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ummmmm.. this might sound like I am taking the mick but I have fallen foul of it myself ....

Before you spend a small fortune, just change the gas bottle and give it a try.. Might take a few attempts but it worked for me and since then a few other folk I have come across on camp sites with the same problem !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ruddy

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
Ummmmm.. this might sound like I am taking the mick but I have fallen foul of it myself ....

Before you spend a small fortune, just change the gas bottle and give it a try.. Might take a few attempts but it worked for me and since then a few other folk I have come across on camp sites with the same problem !

I did try that first, but no diffrence :cry:
I will remove the cover tomorrow to have a look at the gas burner and gas valve (and to see if there's any mice/birds living in it :ROFLMAO:)
If it is the burner then the best course of action i think is a new one.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The burner is apparently very easy to replace. I had mine done (under warranty) last August, took dealer half an hour but unfortunately I didn't watch the procedure but I know it has been dealt with on this forum or 'another' so use the search facility or someone will be along soon to tell you how to do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back