Water has turned into Alker Seltzer? (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Was down to the last 5 litres in the Water Tank and the cold water turned all misty like :Sad:

Thinking is some sort of sediment in the bottom of the tank from the numerous fillings its had in its 9 year life.

We did notice the cups of tea this time tasted different, but put it down to the different type of water in that area. But in view of the alker seltzer, maybe not?

Any thoughts?

Dave

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds Yuk, maybe its time to give it a degunge. Plenty of people use Miltons Steriliser to good effect

KSH

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Give it a good flushing out with milton, don't worry too much unless you have filled it with diesel :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
just flush it through with tap water. open and closing the drain tap.could just be continuious not draining the cause .uk tap water is good enough to clean it ok.

DiscoDave

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
The north
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
properly 4 years, playing at it for ages
If the water tastes ok then just flush it through with tap water. We don't drain ours down because it's never got much left after any time away. I once used a sterilizer and it took months to get rid of the taste that the sterilizer left behind! Won't be doing that again.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you have access to your tank and assuming its a fiamma type then simply remove the red inspection cover/bung and clean out the tank by hand.
the hole is big enough to get your arm in and clean the whole internal area.

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Do not use Milton
Most systems contain parts that will be damaged by steralising fluids (Truma suggest wine vinega in mild solution in cold water tank and then flush through). Are you sure that it's not just aeration due to very low water level ?
Best, as advised, flush through with tap water only.

Steles

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thanks for the advice guys.

I think I will just flush out a couple of time with cold water and see if that sorts it out.

I tend to agree with the comments saying avoid Milton at this stage, as it seems a bit of overkill as we dont drink it straight from the tap. We have the 5 ltr water carrier for this. Clearly if there is a signicant bacterial thing going on then maybe we need to look at Milton or alik.

Dave

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Saw that Disel in my Water tank post and thought :whatthe:

I have had my dizzy moments but not reached that level...yet :RollEyes:

Give it a good flushing out with milton, don't worry too much unless you have filled it with diesel :Eeek:

Madmaggott

Free Member
Jun 19, 2010
Fishguard
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 Year
If the water tastes ok then just flush it through with tap water. We don't drain ours down because it's never got much left after any time away. I once used a sterilizer and it took months to get rid of the taste that the sterilizer left behind! Won't be doing that again.

Try CITROXX.
It does not contain bleach so you get no aftertaste and it cleans through the pipes and will clean the waste tank if you leave it in for a while so no 'nasty niffs'.:thumb:

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
"Elsin" made by Elsan, cleans your tank and purifies water, no taste and no chlorine.

Isn't Milton just expensive bleach?

Hallii

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back