Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Has anybody got any views on the nature-pure water filter,
was thinking of getting one. i had a look at the price with tap, hoses and filter £162-50.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Has anybody got any views on the nature-pure water filter,
was thinking of getting one. i had a look at the price with tap, hoses and filter £162-50.

Had one for three years, highly recommend it, never buy bottled water again, filters are expensive but using it full time ours lasts about a year.. if we drank bottled water it would cost a lot more than that and it's eco friendly which bottled water isn't.

Peace of mind, you can drink water from ANY source safely.

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/water_filters.htmhttp://

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have to agree with Jim on this,

bought one at stratford last year and never looked back. £145

as you're putting, basicly, clean water through it the filter does last a long time.
it is a much slower flow than the regular tap

the trader was demonstrating with a blue dye in the water and it came out the tap crystal clear.
he said if he has access to dirty water (ditch, canal) he uses that as its a better demo.

the water is so clean its almost sterile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We agree with all above, Sandra won;t drink and water with off tastes and the water filter does what it claims, plus the convenience of not having to carry water is worth the cost.

Next to the S.O.G that we fitted to the toilet its the best thing we did.

Doug...

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Would highly recommend getting one, I drink lots of water and it has made a big difference to the taste, The dog like his water out of the filter also

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We fitted a Nature Pure Filter last year, brilliant bit of kit, wouldn't be without one now.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We fitted a water filter brilliant wouldn't be without it but we didn't buy the tap we run it through our cold tap in the kitchen so everything through that tap is filtered.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
All positive, but......

I'm sure I've seen a post from Ray, Desert Detours, having a bit of a laugh at someone who said "don't need anything other than this filter" - they weren't half poorly.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We fitted a water filter brilliant wouldn't be without it but we didn't buy the tap we run it through our cold tap in the kitchen so everything through that tap is filtered.

i was tampted to do that Ror,

we have a glass sink cover and the tap would have missed the sink :Doh:so fitted it in the bathroom:thumb:
bit inconvenient for the kettle but what the hell, at least it doesnt run all over the worktop :RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but does anyone know a supplier of filters apart from the on line shop ?

Last year someone, (can't recall who it was) just back from the States was selling them about half price.. wish I had bought two now.. :Doh:

TIA

Jim

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Filter

Hi

I like the idea, however I have been over 10year using the water from the tanks. I sterilise the FW tank regualrly. and have had no problems. (mind I dont drink much of it except in tea coffee) prefering beer instead!!!. Just did a few sums, and seeing as we are currently using about 15 litre a week for drinking in Spain and as we are ONLY over here for about 12 weeks then it would take about 5 years to pay for its self?

So unless you are fulltiming on dodgy supplies It could be expensive.

Pete

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

I like the idea, however I have been over 10year using the water from the tanks. I sterilise the FW tank regualrly. and have had no problems. (mind I dont drink much of it except in tea coffee) prefering beer instead!!!. Just did a few sums, and seeing as we are currently using about 15 litre a week for drinking in Spain and as we are ONLY over here for about 12 weeks then it would take about 5 years to pay for its self?

So unless you are fulltiming on dodgy supplies It could be expensive.

Pete

Hi Pete

I agree .. ALL European water is by law fit to drink and believe it or not the testing standards are actually higher for tap water than bottled water .. but the risk isn't from the water itself but from the site taps where I've seen people washing out porta poti tanks, shampooing dogs etc ... makes my blood boil when I see it :Angry: but irrespective of the nasties, the filter also makes the water taste so much better.. but as you say, it could be a long pay back for the holiday user.

Jim

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years

I agree with all the previous, had one fitted in 2 previous vans over 15 year period hasn't changed design in all that time., Would suggest you DO fit faucet as it lengths the time the filter needs to be changed ie ours is changed every 12 months used for drinking and kettle filling only. Have also used it when at home when our supply changes colour in the Summer months.

Regards.
Brian

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but does anyone know a supplier of filters apart from the on line shop ?

Last year someone, (can't recall who it was) just back from the States was selling them about half price.. wish I had bought two now.. :Doh:

TIA

Jim

I'm over there in 5 weeks for a trip if you're in no hurry for them I'll bring a couple back.
pm me if you want and we'll sort it out.

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years

TIA

Jim

Hi Jim,

GENERAL ECOLOGY EUROPE LTD
ST. ANDREWS HOUSE
26 BRIGHTON ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH10 6AA

Tel 02193 400644

Regards.

Brian

FILTER PART No:- 400009

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm over there in 5 weeks for a trip if you're in no hurry for them I'll bring a couple back.
pm me if you want and we'll sort it out.

Thanks Rory .. smashing offer .
but we really need one before you get back .. but if the cost saving is significantl would be more than happy to buy another if you bring one back :thumb:

Hi Jim,

GENERAL ECOLOGY EUROPE LTD
ST. ANDREWS HOUSE
26 BRIGHTON ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH10 6AA

Tel 02193 400644

Regards.

Brian

FILTER PART No:- 400009

Thanks Brian.. found the web site .. will need to call or email for a price ...
Link Removed

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
The dog likes his water out of the filter also

Well better put that on my 'must have' list then :Smile: I think that far too many dog owners completely forget (or never even knew) that good clean drinking water is far more important to a dog (health wise) than food.

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Filtered water?

I like the idea of the filter but can someone tell me how they work. All the taps in the MH have switches that activate the pump. However this seems to break into the cold water line but doesn't have anything to activate the pump??? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I like the idea of the filter but can someone tell me how they work. All the taps in the MH have switches that activate the pump. However this seems to break into the cold water line but doesn't have anything to activate the pump??? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Hi , no , you are not missing something, there are two versions of taps available , one with and one without a microswitch
see link

Water Filters - Nature Pure - General Ecology - Discounts - Buy securely on-line.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi we had one already fitted when we bought the motorhome, it has been a fantastic piece of kit, and saves lugging all those water bottles around. We have a seperate tap so only using it for drinking and kettle filling. Wouldnt be without it. Not changed it yet, but there is a spare one in the motorhome.

Regards Pat

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
With these filters do you do away with the steralization tablets all together or do you use a tablet now and then?

I am thinking more for us less frequent users not full timers.

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Hi we had one already fitted when we bought the motorhome, it has been a fantastic piece of kit, and saves lugging all those water bottles around. We have a seperate tap so only using it for drinking and kettle filling. Wouldnt be without it. Not changed it yet, but there is a spare one in the motorhome.

Regards Pat

Hi Pat, No you dont need the Sterilization Tablets from the drinking piont of view, however if your water tank starts to pong it might be prudent to pop one in now and then. as long as you keep the tank quite full you should be fine. As I mentioned in a previous thread I've been using this system for about 10 years with no problem. I noticed some one was asking about the system when using micro-switch taps rather than pressure type, on one of my previous vans I installed a small press button 12v switch across the tap wires just to get the pump to operate after you open the faucet .

Best of luck

Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back