LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
So I have a Burstner Argos and filling with water has always been a PIA since owning it.
It may be in part because I like to use the clip in connector shown below.
View attachment 419059

The water tank has what appears to be an overflow/air vent pipe that runs into the filling socket, see the blue pipe.
View attachment 419061

The problem seems to come from the insert that goes into the socket to make the standard filler cap fit. It just pushes in but blocks the vent hole.
View attachment 419062

It just pushes in and cal be pulled out so probably makes locking the cap a waste of time.
View attachment 419064

The main issues is any half descent water flow and it mostly run down the side of the van because the air has nowhere to escape.
If you leave it on low enough flow it will fill to the point where it starts to pressurised the tank causing water leaks around the level probe.
If I remove the main tank inspection screw in cap, it can fill really fast as the air can escape but take your eye off the ball and you end up with a flooded garage.
Is this filler cap normal I have I got some crap adaptor to make the standard cap fit and what I need to do it buy a proper filler cap and a different hose adaptor?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back