Water filler cap with hose connection wanted (4 Viewers)

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok after a water tank cap that has hose fitting on it so you can connect your hose onto it.
I know the one I want is blue tried to phone a Company called CAK but number always busy.
Anyone knows how else stocks these.
Thanks
Jim

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Don't forget there are two types, one has an overflow feature ... you can use this on if your fresh water tank is vented or not. The other type is sealed and can only be used with a vented tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
just buy the one for an unvented tank then you cant go wrong, all it means is that it will overflow out of the cap. i was unsure so bought one for an unvented tank i now get an overflow from the vent ( which i did not know it had ) followed by an overflow from the filler cap.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I made my own from a broken filler cap. Simply cut the back go the lock chamber off and used Araldite to seal an off cut of 15 mm copper pipe with a 3/4 inch male fitting soldered to the end. A hozelock tap connector attaches directly to this
Worth a try if you've got a broken filler cap

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
how do you know if your fresh water tank is vented or not ?

I am not sure either, but I think other replies suggest if vented it will overflow underneath when full

but Pappajohn's link shows a universal fitting covering both options

we suffer a lot from blow back so I think we are unvented, the only solution I have is to push about 4' of tube into the inlet then it is OK, but our tank is really odd, it is on the opposite side to the filler point so has 4' of hose to get there, it seems to have a bit of a dip on it

But I reckon this filler cap option will solve all

Many thanks to OP (y)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
At the minute I just stick a foot of the hose in the filler cap turn it on and leave it till it pours out.

What benefit or difference does this cap make?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
At the minute I just stick a foot of the hose in the filler cap turn it on and leave it till it pours out.

we often have more water coming out than going in, I thought it was just me

now reckon I am not alone, but sounds like you don't need one (y)

one day you will understand :D

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Have to say I don't lose much I can hear when it's getting close to the top and normally turn it off before it spurts out lol .......200 litre tank so ive timed it to around 7 minutes to fill :D

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
If your tank overflows outside when its full, its Vented. If so you need the WHITE heos cap, if unvented you need the BLUE heos cap, I have just bought one for my van, expensive for what it is, but worth every penny.
Regards Phil

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp

Hygiene Main advantage, if u have to push the end of the hose into the tank I would want it spotless, however with the cap c/w a push fit connector no probs both ends of the hose are kept clean that's the main reason I got one

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hygiene Main advantage, if u have to push the end of the hose into the tank I would want it spotless, however with the cap c/w a push fit connector no probs both ends of the hose are kept clean that's the main reason I got one
I use a food grade hose from the caravan shop connected straight to tap.

But rarely drink from On board tank anyway never tastes quite the same so carry seperate drink water

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Sometimes the hose will fall out of the filler hole and sometimes the tap requires that you hold the hose on it. If extra long arms are needed then a plug/socket at one end, if not two, is an advantage :)

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Does anyone know which one of the two will fit a dethleffs (hymer or none hymer?).
Thanks
Jim

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
They fit the traditional filler inlets which use locking caps with Zadi locks but I don't know if they fit the Fiamma ones.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back