Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi
My Motorhome dosnt seem to have a fresh water drain? I have found the dump valve for the truma heater it is the newer type with manually operated twist top switch and botton on the back ,and emptied all the water in the truma by maunually opening the valve(this was before this cold spell),and I left it open but couldnt find a fresh water drain?The fresh water tank is on the inside under front dining table main seat.The gray water valve is a pull handel just under the bottom of the van bellow water tank fill up valve and the actual wast tank is strapped to the unside middle of the van. I drained all the water by turning the pump on and as the truma dump valve was open it just carried on pumping the water out of the drain pipe behind the back wheel,ive opened the lid of the tank and it is completly empty . Any other ideas where a fresh water drain would be as ive searched high and low?? Ive also read all the books and nothing is mentioned ,it dosnt have a manual as such but indervidual books for each item fitted to the van . The Van is Mclouise Tandy 673G on a fiat 2.3.

Also ? If I turn of the 12V system by turning the masterswitch of nothing then works as their is no power from the batteries! But if I then plug the mains extension in everything works ie: 12V as well as the 240 sockets etc the control panel lights up and the 240 mains connection indercator glows.. I have found a charger under the drivers seat,that powers up automatically when mains is connected,my question is will this power up and run the 12V as well as charging when conected to the mains?? Thanks in advance Alan

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi I put this on here:

Link Removed

Not knowing you van, I would have a stab and say,:winky: its a bit like the Kontiki and a bugger to get at.:Smile:

Ours was in the back corner nearest to the outside of the van on the right hand side of the tank. Have a look in the tank and see if you can see the inlets and outlets that might help.:Doh: Bob.

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Inlet

Hi
Thanks for the reply I currently have all cushions removed so its relativly easy to get to the tank. I can see the inlet no problem,but cant see anything like the pictures in your link . My tank isnt square it seems to be shaped with and extra buldge on lower front ,I take this to be the reserve ? and the main water pump is bolted on the top in a reces but no sign of the drain plug. But !!! because of your suggestions just found my mains trip switches hiidden on back wall behind same seat :thumb::thumb: Thanks for the reply its much appreciated Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Is the drain inside the tank? On the adria we had you had to take of the large screw cap on the top of the water tank and remove plug in the bottom, getting your hands wet in the process.

Lunarman

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Is the drain inside the tank? On the adria we had you had to take of the large screw cap on the top of the water tank and remove plug in the bottom, getting your hands wet in the process.

Lunarman
looked today nothing inside ,maybe its one of them you have to drain throiugh pump and taps??

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I have a Hobby (transit) and the drain on that is a bu**r to get at, its an in-line tap between the tank which is under the dinette seat and the wall of the van, can only just reach it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I have a Hobby (transit) and the drain on that is a bu**r to get at, its an in-line tap between the tank which is under the dinette seat and the wall of the van, can only just reach it.
Just been out and had another good look over the van,and around the tank (Nothing) But what I have noticed under the aqua lockable lidd there is a small hole bellow and to the left filling hole srew cap,looked at filler on inside and there is a clear pipe right next to filler pipegoing to this hole,but I think its just a breather pipe as its on top of tank right next to pump, it cant be inisde the tank either as unscrewed red lid and can get me hand in? Its a modern van so maybe you just pump it out??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back