Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We are off tomorrow but one thing I do not know and cannot find easily , what are the tap connections in the EU.?
We have the usual UK type threaded ends and I need to know what the Bunde fittings on an Aire are like. Do ours fit????? Or do I need to get one of those awful rubber things with a jubilee clip on. I do have a new watering can but would prefer not to have to use that if possible.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My collection ... @suavecarve will be pig sick with envy again! :D2

Water - kit.JPG

You'll need various sizes of tap screw on connectors if you want to use your hose, we met a chap who'd hired a motorhome last year (can't remember what country he was from) who'd got some stupid 'universal' clamp on thing ... that didn't fit ... obviously it wasn't totally universal!:D

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

View attachment 155420

You'll need various sizes of tap screw on connectors if you want to use your hose, we met a chap who'd hired a motorhome last year (can't remember what country he was from) who'd got some stupid 'universal' clamp on thing ... that didn't fit ... obviously it wasn't totally universal!:D
Is it wrong to admit to having a Semillon (the wine I mean)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You should be OK with your UK fittings.

We were filling this morning and the German guy in front of us couldn't get his pipe on because the fitting had a guard below to stop people putting toilet cassette's under it but ours would go on so I did the decent thing(y), his wife shoved the nozzle end into the filler and 2 Euro's later pulled it out but minus the nozzle which was down the filler pipe:love: I think he was slightly embarrassed but we did OK as he insisted on giving me his nozzle which was much better than the one stuck down his filler tube.

Martin

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
As per the non inflammatory part of @Minxy Girl s post.
Each aire has a different water connector.
Ultimately that collection of hers is enviable and I should think ours isn't far behind it.
Somehow you seem to manage and somebody will always help out with connections

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
As per the non inflammatory part of @Minxy Girl s post.
Each aire has a different water connector.
Ultimately that collection of hers is enviable and I should think ours isn't far behind it.
Somehow you seem to manage and somebody will always help out with connections
As proven above !

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just take what you've got, you'll not struggle to get water! Don't worry about anything is my motto. They have shops in France
Ditto. Plenty of B&Q type shops and somehow it is more interesting to browse in another country. If you get everything that you might need in advance there is no fun and you know you can always use your watering can as backup. I prefer to use a 5 litre container to transfer water not a hose though so maybe biased.
Please just go and don't worry.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just take what you've got, you'll not struggle to get water! Don't worry about anything is my motto. They have shops in France
True and if you do need more connections go to a garden centre for them as they have all the different sizes and they are cheap.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
A lot of the French Aires have now removed the taps and replaced them with the quick release fittings, just be aware when you plug in the water is on, Shirley had a very clean pair of sandals, she was holding the hose when I plugged it in. We carry one of these
https://goo.gl/images/M1r6q2

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
When you get to France find a Bricolage and buy the multi adapter water fitting kit. Cheap as chips,this will cover you for every water outlet.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You should be OK with your UK fittings.

We were filling this morning and the German guy in front of us couldn't get his pipe on because the fitting had a guard below to stop people putting toilet cassette's under it but ours would go on so I did the decent thing(y), his wife shoved the nozzle end into the filler and 2 Euro's later pulled it out but minus the nozzle which was down the filler pipe:love: I think he was slightly embarrassed but we did OK as he insisted on giving me his nozzle which was much better than the one stuck down his filler tube.

Martin

that is a serious fear of mine, we need to force water into our tank due the daft design of tank on opposite side to filler point, so use a nozzle on full chuck, but have once pushed it in and had it detach

I now have a length of hose I push through, then connect hose to that via double male conector

Minxy doesn't appear to have one of those :LOL: but can probably make one from those bits :)(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I always seem to look at the tap, check the thread size, work out I need the large adaptor I can never find, search for it again, not find it, try my normal threaded adaptor and find it fits o_Oo_O

provided you have a watering can you will be OK (y) and you can queue jump while the next one moves in :)(y)

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Some of the service point here in Germany allow you to just put in 10 cents so that would be about a watering can or two, most of the ones I have seen in France want one or two Euro's or a jeton.

Martin

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Two watering cans are easier to carry than one and you can get water from anywhere .. Also have a standard tap connector and a short length of hose somewhere ..

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We are off tomorrow but one thing I do not know and cannot find easily , what are the tap connections in the EU.?
We have the usual UK type threaded ends and I need to know what the Bunde fittings on an Aire are like. Do ours fit????? Or do I need to get one of those awful rubber things with a jubilee clip on. I do have a new watering can but would prefer not to have to use that if possible.
Dunt yew gu wurryun tuu much Borr,,, fergit bout tur wartur an jus git yew'sen plenny bartulls ov Prusukko,,, ass hully nice un'taste furkun site bettur'un thart wartur shite,?!!! (y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Down to poundland and get a load of connectors wil have nearly all of them if you unscrew a few

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

View attachment 155420

Wadda furkun showorf, wees int even gart a furkun huse let lone arwl em fancee kunnectur bits un peeces,,,
doncha jus hate a smartarse,?!!! :p:p:p

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Wadda furkun showorf, wees int even gart a furkun huse let lone arwl em fancee kunnectur bits un peeces,,,
doncha jus hate a smartarse,?!!! :p:p:p
Can you translate please .... :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back