Water collecting in the footwell of my Euramobil 810 A-Class (1 Viewer)

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Similar to Scattycat, I had a new Jaguar XJS in 76/77 and the carpets kept getting wet, finally traced to the air con drip tray somewhere under the dash overflowing, I had to take the car to Thames Ditton, some drag from Somerset as my dealer did not know how to replace or modify the tray.
The XJS was the most troublesum car I have ever owned, only kept it five months, but I sold it at a profit as there was a massive wait for a new one.

BernieT

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
The door seal is kinked at the bottom of your pic. Water will come in if the seal is kinked.

OP
OP
nigelivy
Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
Hi folks. Thanks for all the advice!
I landed up resealing the windscreen and it seems to have done the trick. The footwell has been dry for the last 2 weeks since I've sealed it. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if anything changes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am delighted you seem to have solved your leak!

I have been waiting until you did before I posted my solution to a similar problem I had with the 1998 Kangoo I bought a few months ago... after rain, water filled the passenger footwell.

I checked a couple of things but in the end I solved the problem in seconds for free.

I used the same method as I used back in the sixties with my A35.

I got a couple of holes drilled in the foot well to allow any water build up to drain out onto the ground and no sign of water has been seen there since.

Of course we don't get much rain here in Portugal as we did in Manchester in those days. :whistle2:

JJ :cool:

Jackwex

Free Member
Apr 6, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 690 A Clas
Exp
I helped a friend repair a 2003 Eura Mobil 665 Integra 2 years ago. Water had been coming in the high level marker lights on both sides which had rotted out most of the wood on both front wings. Both front double glazed windows had condensation between the glass panes.
Hi, I just noted water ingress on left hand front on my Euramobil integra 2004. I want to fix it before it damages the body. Have you any tips on sealing the roof. The leak is where the joint is between front roof and rear , over can area.
There is a band covering the join area, can I remove or just seal the edges!!
Thanks

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hi, I just noted water ingress on left hand front on my Euramobil integra 2004. I want to fix it before it damages the body. Have you any tips on sealing the roof. The leak is where the joint is between front roof and rear , over can area.
Thanks
Hello and welcome 👍🏻.
I would remove this “ band “ that is clearly not working and reseal the area .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks
When I was washing the roof of ours a few months ago I noticed the sealant showing around the edges of the roof joint strip was badly discoloured. I was considering raking it out and resealing in situ but was concerned about perhaps creating a leak issue so abandoned that idea. Next was, can I remove the cover strip, which is sealed down onto a metal track that is screwed through the joint, and fully reseal? Again, abandoned that idea as maybe create a leak situation. Also was advised the probability was the strip would get broken \ damaged and have to be replaced.

So, eventually decided to just cover the existing joint with Eternabond tape. It's used by many RVers in the US and has been recommended on here a few times. Just make sure you properly prepare the surface and apply the tape.
I got it from here - http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/product/eternabond-roofseal-10cm-x-7-6m-white/

There are a number of videos on the web showing folk using it.

There are also some articles on the Eternabond site, eg https://www.eternabond.com/articles.asp?id=148

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back