Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
sold
Exp
Absolute NEWBIE
Help please-I have what looks like a channel at the bottom of the habitation door entrance.. After rain it fills with water. There does not appear to be a drainhole anywhere so I just lift it with a sponge. Does this seem likely that the door seals have gone ? There is no sign of water drips on any part of the door apart from what collects. Anyone have any advice please.

OP
OP
T

tommac

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
sold
Exp
Absolute NEWBIE
Ok, here is a pic of the channel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• MOHO CHANNEL.jpg
    MOHO CHANNEL.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Mine has a drain hole, Can you check if it should have one, with a dealer or the manufacturer?

Upvote 0

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I think our similar step has a hole dilled in each end for drainage, also allowed door alarm cable to enter through one. Van in storage so cant confirm the same exactly. ( Hymer 2013)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tommac

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
sold
Exp
Absolute NEWBIE
yup --water collecting where your arrow is.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Does this happen after a trip or when the van is static. Our Burstner used to do the same after driving on wet roads. Check the sealing of the step box underneath. Doesn't need much of a gap.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tommac

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
sold
Exp
Absolute NEWBIE
Too much water for condensation I think. The seals look bone dry though.

Edit--when its static

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Okay, then you certainly would not expect to have drain hole inboard of a door seal on any van.

I think your door is not closing tight enough on the seal against the door frame.

When we got our 175 which was second hand, not new, I noted that when the hab door was on the second click of the latch that I could see light from outside around the door seal.
I adjusted the striker on the door frame inboard and this sealed the door fully against the frame when closed now.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Best way is to wait until it's dark and then get someone with a torch to shine the light around the edge of the door from the outside and for you to have a look from the inside to see if you get any light penetrates past the door seal. I take it your door is closing on the second step of the latch rather than the first. Having adjusted ours, it now takes a bit of a slam to shut it fully.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
I had a similar problem with my 155. After a lot of investigating I discovered the problem was not the door seal, but the seal (mastic) between the step and the side wall. Water was being thrown up from the tyres and finding its way in. Poor workmanship by Elddis. Dealer fixed it by applying mastic to the gap. (Needs to be done from underneath the motorhome). Problem has not reoccured since. I am not saying this is the cause of your problem but worth checking.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tommac

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
sold
Exp
Absolute NEWBIE
Well this is weird---after 24 hours of non stop rain I`ve just been out to check and its bone dry. :giggle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back