LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think our fruit pudding might be close to your "white" pudding, with some dried fruit through it........I prefer fruit pudding to black pudding:thumb:

Yes, I'm sure you're right. There were a couple of butchers in Kirkcudbright at the time and we used to go to both for different products. We used to visit Kirkcudbright because an aunt of mine lived there (born there and moved back in the 1960s after many years in Surrey) so we had an "insider" to point us to the right places.

It's a lovely area with some beautiful places - even if some of the names are difficult for the English to pronounce :Smile: If memory serves it took me a few goes as a kid to get Auchencairn right :Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Yes, I'm sure you're right. There were a couple of butchers in Kirkcudbright at the time and we used to go to both for different products. We used to visit Kirkcudbright because an aunt of mine lived there (born there and moved back in the 1960s after many years in Surrey) so we had an "insider" to point us to the right places.

It's a lovely area with some beautiful places - even if some of the names are difficult for the English to pronounce :Smile: If memory serves it took me a few goes as a kid to get Auchencairn right :Smile:

Great to hear this story, we lived in Surrey (Camberley) then moved towards Gatwick (Hookwood) for a few years before coming back up to the south of Scotland 12 years ago. Haven't been through Auchencairn for a couple of years now, the harbour at Kirkcudbright is lovely and very popular with visitors during the holiday season. You're right about the pronounciation.......Kirkcudbright is a great name for the English to get their heads round:roflmto:
Margaret

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My uncle John (Dad's brother) moved from Derbyshire to London to work in the 1920s and met his wife (my aunty Bob) there. She had followed a similar route, though from her native Kirkcubright where her father "Black Jock" Smith had been headmaster of the local primary school. John died in 1954 and Bob's sister, Ethel, moved to live with her in Surrey having retired from a career as a teacher at Auchencairn. They moved back to Kirkcudbright about 1965.

We had some great tent camping holidays in Kirkcudbright in the 1980s and took our first van there on our first trip as we knew the Silvercraigs site.

Must go back again sometime soonish :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back