Watching sattelite TV on my laptop ? (1 Viewer)

euro

Free Member
May 23, 2008
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We are new to it
If I buy a sattelite kit (dish, lnb and wiring) is there any way I can take my SKY + box touring with me and watch the programs on my laptop? I guess i need some sort of interface between the Sky + box and the laptop? If so, what do i need please.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Far and away the simplest and cheapest method is to get an Analogue TV tuner for your laptop. USB ones are very cheap nowadays. Simply connect the Sky box to the tv tuner with a bit of co-ax, tune it in and Roberts your mothers brother!

Regards
Doug

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Last edited by a moderator:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As Doug stated above, job done. USB analogue tuners getting cheaper as we go digital. Good luck:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
OP
OP
E

euro

Free Member
May 23, 2008
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We are new to it
We use a Pinnacle sticky inny thing (No 2 son bought it for us and I can't find the box with specs or details:Doh:)

Enables sky/analogue terrestrial input... can't remember whether there's a tuner in it:RollEyes:

Edit: I think this is the one..
Play.com (UK) : Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Stick Solo 72e / USB DVB-T Receiver / TV Tuner : Computing - Free Delivery

Looks good. For an extra tenner you can get the ULTIMATE version of this which also has a remote control and can stream the TV over WIFI (This could be useful at home I guess). The included antenna is rubbish apparently but this won't matter if the input is coming from a SKY + box. Nice one :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back