Waste Water (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
I thought it was illegal to dump waste water while driving a motor home on the roads, I took these photos while on the M42 on Sunday, I thought motor homers were more responsible than this?
20190512_175016.jpg
20190512_175026.jpg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Are you sure it's waste !!!
My friend used to fill his fresh water and it was only when we followed him on a trip that we found out why he got to places with only half a tank.. The rest was syphoning out as he drove along..

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Not on the M/way, but sometimes when we drive off, having dumped waste water and closed the valve, we do spew a little from the horizontal part of the pipe after the valve, according to the contours of the dump area and the subsequent cambers of the road. It cannot be avoided sometimes.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's only legal to dump your grey water on the road, if, you are caught up in a Motor Cycle Rally.

that's what @Jaws told me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Must have a huge waste tank if it is still emptying having presumably driven for some time to get to the motorway and then on the motorway

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It's only legal to dump your grey water on the road, if, you are caught up in a Motor Cycle Rally.

that's what @Jaws told me

Depends on which “club” is holding the rally, you really wouldn’t want to be the cause of one of the “patch” club members trashing his/her bike:whistle:

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
I appreciate other road users may misinterpret the nature of grey waste and it's best emptied in an "approved" place. In reality we can hold at least 3 days worth and I usually just dump ours on our drive on return - it runs a bit cloudy and grey but where it dries there's not a mark. It runs into my border where the plants grow well. I think we make too much of an issue of it.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
"siphonage" is not that uncommon, so it could be fresh water. I had that happen several times in the first R-V. First time, I Made the mistake of filling up to the limit, after being warned that the rally site had a slow water fill issue. By the time we got there, there was hardly any left in the tank!.

As a practice, "dribbling" waste is more a "perception" issue that an actual hazard. No more than the "effluent" discharged by many Animal transporters, or even some Refer Trucks. Not nice to see, but hardly likely to cause damage?. Far more dangerous is the practice of throwing debris from Cars by the "great unwashed", having had a Shitty nappy hit the screen on one notable occasion!.!

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
twice we have had the frost valve open, and empty all the fresh, bast4rd thing...........

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Following a Cattle Float a couple of weeks ago we had P..s and S...t pouring out the back, !!!
Don’t think I’d loose too much sleep over a little grey !

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If it was raining then all sorts of crap would be flying up at ya..... I’d complain to god....(y)

george w menzies

Free Member
Apr 25, 2018
Funster No
Cattle floats should have tanks to catch p & s spewing it over the road means black marks on hgv license if caught
And reduction in bank account balance.
Have a good day.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Cattle floats should have tanks to catch p & s spewing it over the road means black marks on hgv license if caught
And reduction in bank account balance.
Have a good day.

That may well be the case with the more "modern" vehicles. but many of the older ones are decidedly NOT so equipped. There is a company trading from nearby us, who`s vehicles are older, clean looked after etc, BUT there is still at least a trace effluent at times on the local roads, I also doubt that many of the horseboxes we see here about are so equipped!. I never did Animal Transport work, But have followed plenty!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Never a problem with the old dump valves but with these modern electric ones so easy to forget to turn the switch of after dumping. The red light on my switch is not very bright and driven off a few times with the valve open not too much of a problem as the tank is virtually empty.

This my best effort so far. :rofl:

Apr 24, 2019
Pocklington, York, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
10 years
I agree with those who suggest it is more likely to be fresh water from the overflow. Having experienced this myself having set off with a full tank in preparation for a bit of wild camping, only to arrive with less than half a tank, very annoying!! How do you experienced motorhomers manage? Is it safe to put a bung in the overflow pipe?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
In photo 2 I can see water coming over the rear bumper possibly off the roof, I am not convinced you can see the waste tank outlet in those shots.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back