Waste water ........... unpleasant smell (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I think that is an 'o' bend :oops:
Geoff
I used different coloured pipe so more like an alpha bend. šŸ˜

Screenshot_20210421-185734-037.png

OP
OP
popotla

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
So many answers, so much help! Thank you. I must have forgotten to tick the right box when I posted, thus have not been getting e-mails to advise that I was getting these responses.

It was interesting to read that on some vehicles, due to drain pipe design, a certain amount of water might stay in the waste tank "for ever".

In fact we are in Germany, where all sites are closed and likely to remain so for the foreseeable future (difficult and ambiguous situation for us all but that's a discussion for another time and place). I mention this because we're about to move back into our van, full time, on private land, and so long or longish drives with whatever liquid in the tank, sloshing around, will have to be specially for the purpose of tank cleaning (unless a 10-km round trip to a supermarket counts).

Anyway, now it's up to us to see whether Fenwicks', Puriclean or Thetford (tried and recommended by yourselves) are available here. First, though, we shall try dishwasher-cleaning or washing-up tablets and/or soda and/or cheap Cola.

Given that the fresh water tank has been fully drained since the beginning of October and only now is about to be filled again, it looks like Puriclean or something similar should, in any case, be the first thing to go in there.

Happy travels, guys and girls. We must enjoy our freedoms while we still have them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back