Waste water points !!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

E

Elaine Downes

Deleted User
We've just come back from our holiday....why oh why do campsites say they have facilites 4 motorhomes when they dont have access to a bloody drain so u can empty your waste !!!!!!! is it that bloody difficult 2 have a drain that lifts !!!!

Pissed off me !!!

We had 2 hitch our motorhome on our blocks to get out our waste water in a bucket !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
couldnt agree more Elaine,

bonterra park, spain. two years ago...........black waste, grey waste and water on pitch so the blurb said.
water yes, black dump next to the toilet block 50mtr away, drive over grey waste dump(with the drain in the middle) at the top of the site 200mtr away from pitch.:Angry::Angry:

there was a 4inch domestic drain cover under the water tap which became our grey dump:Blush: and as we used the 'onsite ficilities' we only black dumped when we left.

john.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
That's the reason I spent Easter dodging the rain to make room for this wastecarrier for our trip to Ireland on Saturday

wastecarrier043.jpg

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

J

jannie

Deleted User
Waste??

couldnt agree more Elaine,

bonterra park, spain. two years ago...........black waste, grey waste and water on pitch so the blurb said.
water yes, black dump next to the toilet block 50mtr away, drive over grey waste dump(with the drain in the middle) at the top of the site 200mtr away from pitch.:Angry::Angry:

there was a 4inch domestic drain cover under the water tap which became our grey dump:Blush: and as we used the 'onsite ficilities' we only black dumped when we left.

john.

This is what is worrying us! Once we get up and running mind you - hopefully, fingers crossed Jane is going to work her magic with the DVLA to help register our RV. Is there a list of suitable sites for emptying waste from Rvs?? UK and in Europe??
Jannie xx

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That's the reason I spent Easter dodging the rain to make room for this wastecarrier for our trip to Ireland on Saturday
Regards Pat

it ok for you RVers, you have room for such luxuries. us poor euro owners dont have enough room/payload for the essentials let alone the extras.:Angry::ROFLMAO:
i did carry a wastemaster for a while but never used it, now me genny uses that space. much more important.:thumb:.

john.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Tote N Stor

Many RVers use a Tote N Stor to move waste without moving the motorhome, these are expensive but well worth it. They are very versatile and you can use them for black & grey . They come in a number of sizes, I have the 25 gallon one but it is a bit big and very heavy when full. I wish I had bought the 15 gallon which is more manageable when full and of course takes less space. You can Link Removedfrom our downloads section and see how versatile it is, you can even tow it!

I bought mine from Ebay, but the guy that was selling them had his account closed, but I am sure your RV accessories dealer can get hold of them easily enough.

ScotJimland has the 25 gallon Tote' and I noticed he solved his storage problem by strapping it on the ladder. ScotJim is a fulltimer and fulltimer means normally means full lockers!

DSC_2880.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Those waste carriers, particularly the big blue ones, can be difficult to empty into a WC Chimique either glug glugging out or, if you open the air vent a tsunami of black stuff gushing everywhere (made a not very nice at the time but subsequently funny story in my book 'How Katie Pulled Boris'). You need to stick an exit tube on so you can direct the flow rather than just letting it go. We eventually opted for a macerator and 120 feet of hose - could pump that stuff anywhere and often without moving the van - and even uphill. Of course if the macerator dies halfway through pumping black stuff from the car park into the public loos that's another story!
Keith

Last edited:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
And why, oh why, do they call it a 'Tote n Stor' - storing the black tank contents is the last thing I want to do - why don't they call it a 'Tote n Tip'? :Doh::Doh:

We use a standard caravan wastemaster - the one which has the facility for carrying a black tank 'cassette' on it - same sort of thing as the 'Tote n Stor' and just as difficult to find somewhere to carry it! :Sad:

I swear by the Macerator with a long hose - just so long as the macerator is mounted UNDER the black outlet - otherwise you waste 'energy' by sucking the contents up to the macerator before expelling them! Also, I carry a very large cork in the event of the macerator failing - to plug one end of the pipe whilst I work on the other! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back